Sunday, January 06, 2008

Two Years Down

I can hardly believe that two years have gone by since Trevor and I were married! It has definitely been a learning experience. We have had our highs and our lows, but overall it's been great. I don't think marriage is a fairytale, but it's something that just feels exactly right.



We have spent the last two years just getting to know each other. You may think you know someone, but it's a whole other ball game once you marry them and move in together.

One goal of ours was to spend lots of time together. That's pretty easy to do when there are only two of you around. We have tried really hard though to go places and do things one on one before the future Waite's came along.
Many weekends were spent in the valley. When we go there, it's not much of a vacation, it's spent running errands and visiting family and friends. We did go to Utah with Trevor's parents for general conference though. We then met up with his siblings in Las Vegas for a show. That was our second trip there. We have also gone to Lake Powell with my family and the catwalks in New Mexico for a day trip. But our biggest trip of all that we have gone on was to California to Disneyland and Sea World this year.



In our spare time we have gone to see lots of movies. It is one of our favorite things to do. When we aren't doing that we are usually supporting some form of the athletic department. Basketball especially. Not only are we at the high school games, but we've spent much of our time at the little league games.


These last two years really have seemed to fly by with how busy we have kept ourselves. It's so weird to think that we were in the temple getting married two years ago today. Now we are stepping up into a new phase of our lives....parenthood. Our next anniversary will be spent with a new baby. That is unless I am able to drop the baby off to be babysat with one of our parents!!!!


It's been fun, it's been hard, it's been so worth it. We can't wait for all the changes this next year will be bring!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love this post! I totally agree with everything you said. Marriage is not perfect, but SO GREAT in so many ways. I thought I'd be a pro at it by now, but even after two years I sometimes think, "How does this marriage thing work? What do I need to do different?" Congrats to you both on making your two year mark!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Two Years! Thats so awsome!

Matt and Liz said...

congrats! that's so cute. times is flying

Michelle and Javier said...

Congrats! I know you think I'm crazy posting to you since you probably don't know me...but the Waite family boys are awesome, you're lucky to be apart of that family! Thanks for posting a picture of the family...it's good to see them (since we don't live in SJ anymore) :) Tell all those boys I said hi :)

Michelle and Javier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.