Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Day at the Doctors

Today was my very first doctors appointment for my pregnancy. I woke up this morning just feeling so nervous. It felt like the first day of school again. I wasn't too thrilled with the exam itself, but I was mostly nervous about the stupid blood work. I know that sounds so silly, but I have never had blood drawn and it just made my stomach do somersaults to think about.

Trevor came with me to this appointment and that drive to Show Low never seemed so long as it did today. I just had butterflys the whole way.

We got there early to fill out paperwork and then got right in to Dr. Connolly. I am real excited about my choice in doctor. I think he will work at just perfect. I felt totally at ease. He got to know us in his office and then we went for my examination. I did just fine until they gave me the tuberculosis test. Shots don't usually bother me too much, but I think that maybe because I didn't know it was coming this one did. I felt really light headed and had to take my time getting dressed. Then it was down a few doors for the blood work. That wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I am a a little bruised, so that's sore, but it's not bad.

It looks like baby Waite will be coming August 18th give or take a few days. Our next appointment is in three weeks and we'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat. Maybe then it will seem more real to me. Right now it just seems so surreal.

8 comments:

Joey & Tiffanye said...

wow, We are only a couple days apart. I hated my exam. So Uncomfrtable! When do you go again?

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Are you also going to get a sonogram

Matt and Liz said...

yeah i remember those days! it's the coolest thing when you get to hear your babys heart beat for the first time.

Foy Funny Farm said...

Congratulations on getting through your first appointment! We get to learn about all that stuff the second part of this semester and I'm so excited! I'm so happy for ya!

Amy J said...

If you are like me, it'll feel surreal the entire pregnancy... it still does, even when I hold her sometimes! It is an amazing feeling the first time you hear their little heartbeat. Oh and post pictures of your growing belly!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys!

Mark, Monette, Coytt and Dalon said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!!! How exciting, I remember my first visit and how scared/exctied I was too. And you are right the next appt. where you hear the heartbeat is the most amazing experience you will ever have!!

Nicole Mineer said...

Oh I hated going to the doctor, but pretty soon you do it so much it is just part of your routine. I still dread the exams, and I have had two kids. Whoever said it gets easier after you have a baby is a big fat LIAR! WEll at least for me anyways. It is so fun to hear the heartbeat and then the ultrasounds, and then they start kicking, then they arrive and then all you want is to sleep for more than 2 hrs at a time. Oh the joys of kids! You will be an awesome mom!