Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rocket Launch


I feel like I am the worst sister! I always talk about my family, but I always seem to skip over my brother, Kade. Sometimes you would think that the poor kid didn't exist! Really and truly though, he is one of the greatest kids ever. He is so thoughtful and good to my mom. Plus, he is really intelligent. This kid has a good shot at being the valedictorian at his 8th grade graduation in a few weeks. But that is beside my point.....

Today, the 8th graders launched rockets that they had made at home. Pretty much every kid that has passed through St. Johns Middle School halls in the last few years knows what I am talking about because we all made one at one point. I remember what mine looked like. It was painted in pink, light green, and purple camouflage. (where those colors would hide anything is beyond me) The difference now, is that the kids are pretty much on there own. They are given the cardboard tube, but after that they take it home and design the structure, and the appearance.

Kade's rocket sported the name "Red Eye". Although it didn't fly the furthest, it did go fast, and he got an award for best design. It was lots of fun to watch, and remember when I was a kid.

1 comment:

K. Bitton said...

I can't bvelieve he is almost done with 8th grade!!! When I last saw him he was like 3 or something! WOW time sure flies! What a fun story. I like reading about your family! Have a great day!