Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sweet Moments

I distinctly remember when my brother and sister were thinking that whoever thought up "terrible twos" was totally wrong because ages 3 and 4 were far worse. Brody's third birthday is quickly approaching (20 days away to be exact) and although he is still a sweet cuddly boy, the confrontations and meltdowns aare becoming more and more frequent. The "threatening threes" as I like to say, are looming-but last night....well, last night was not one of those I-wanna-pull-my-hair-out-cause-you're-driving-me-nuts nights, last night I wished I could stop the time for just a bit. I thought, please let me be able to remember this kind of moment 30 years from now.



Ryder was alseep and Trevor had gone to bed early because he didn't feel well so Brody and I were up by ourselves to spend some rare one-on-one uniterrupted time together. We didn't spend this time doing anything special, or really anything at all by most standards. But we did get to laugh and talk, share a bowl of popcorn, and sneak in some hugs and kisses. While Brody was snuggled up on my lap he said, "wuv you mom!" and "you all cute, mom" in his still-sick sounding voice. This would be sweet words any day, but I was dressed in baggy un-cute clothes and he'd spent the whole day calling me by my first name "Tay-um" so hearing these simple words made my day complete. I looked into Brody's big brown eyes and just wished I could hang on to this time a little longer. When did my baby, the one that turned me into a mommy-a crazy overprotective mommy-, get so big? Where has the time gone?


Please, please let me remember this time of life always. Please let me remember Brody being small enough to fit on my lap and in my arms. Let me remember the sound of his laugh and sweet little voice. This is the the stuff that makes being a mom so wonderful.



This is just the good stuff.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww, such a sweet boy!!!

Mary Anne said...

What a sweetheart! Can you believe these guys are almost three??? Holy moly. It would be nice if all moments were like that but then we probably wouldn't treasure it so much.

K. Bitton said...

he is getting so big! They call it terrible twos because it lasts two years! :) So don't expect it to end fast or anything. I'm sure he'll still be a sweet and kind boy, it's just how kids are and how they learn their boundaries.

Jen said...

I do hope we can remember those sweet moments in 30 years, that's what makes all the bad days worth it!
your kids are so cute!