Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kitchen Table Makeover


I wish that the title of this post was dining room makeover, but for now this will do. I honestly look around my house and see little projects in every single room. Not one is completed to my satisfaction and so I have delayed putting any pictures up. However, I couldn't wait to show off my table that got a facelift so to speak.


Nearly 6 years ago, when Trevor and I were dating, we bought this solid oak table at a yard sale. Even then I knew that the light oak color was okay, but not what I had envisioned. So here we are 6 years later and we finally did it. We finally made it into a table that I absolutely love!



The table and chairs were all one light oak color. Originally I thought of painting the bottom half of the table and the chairs black, but changed my mind to white because I wanted the table to have more of a cozy almost country like feel to it.



After the paint went on it was time to figure out what color of stain I wanted for the top. Trevor and I looked and we both really liked this bombay mahogany color, but the more and more I thought about it, I knew it wasn't what I wanted for this table. I really wanted a dark brown. Trevor wasn't thrilled when we came home with the mission oak color I picked....but....I am SO glad that is what I picked! I love it!


Now on to my next decorating woes. I have this cute little corner with a fireplace, mantle, and built-in bookshelves. They are all also that light oak color and just not my fav' so here it is folks:


Tell me, what would you do, all you decorating masterminds? Would you paint everything white? Would you stain the mantlepiece the dark color of my table but all the shelves white? What are all your expert opinions? Help!?

6 comments:

Krystin said...

Beautiful!!! Love your redo.... I don't know what I'd do with your mantle.... I do like what you said with the bookshelves white and staining the mantle the same color as the table. So many possibilities and I think they all would look amazing. Good job!

Stormy and Spenser said...

I absolutely LOVE the table!!!!

Jaime said...

LOVE the table!! I think the bookshelves white would look great, but I'd be cautious because it will get dirty and grimy quicker!

123123 said...

Love your table!! You did a great job! I'm no expert at all, but I do like your idea of painting them white and the mantle dark. Maybe you could glaze the shelves with the dark also?

Unknown said...

The table is lovely! I would probably just stain the bookshelves as well as the mantle. I'm sure whatever it turns out to be it will look great!

Dee Waite's said...

Looks nice, I would stain the mantle!!!