Monday, July 19, 2010

Home Improvement Helper

Anyone that has ever owned a home is probably just like us...you probably have a list of "someday we're going to..." Things get checked off our list, but more gets added, so we are never finished with projects.
One thing on my list was to get hardware put on my cabinets. I love the way knobs and pulls on your cabinets can really make it your kitchen (or bathroom) seem so polished and finished.


The hardware really isn't that expensive of a buy. We don't have some sort of huge kitchen, but having the knobs and pulls are not a priority so we just haven't bought them.
At the end of May I celebrated my 25th birthday, and to my surprise Trevor and his parents went in on a gift together, and it was enough hardware to do my whole kitchen! It may not be exciting to anyone besides me, but I was SO happy! Unfortunately, those knobs have been sitting in the gift bag that they came in for the last two months.

Finally this weekend Trevor put them all on! Yay! After every drawer or cabinet door that got finished Brody would run into where I was and say, "Mommy, Mommy....Da-ee (daddy), door...wood door..." He thought this was so cool. The funny thing was watching Brody examine everything Trev did. He would step back, fold his arms, and stare as if to examine Trevor's work. He had to give his approval or something before we could do the next door. It was so funny!
Seriously, how would we get anything done if we didn't have Brody there to "help" us?

3 comments:

Clint and Tiffany said...

They look so nice! Yay for one thing to check off!! Still waiting for pics of your house there girly...

Bailey said...

They look good! Now take pics of the rest of the house!!

xPert said...

I am cent percent agree with Micheal that now its the time to take the pics of the whole house.

RV Roof Repair