Monday, July 12, 2010

4th Festivities

This year we had so much fun during the 4th of July weekend. There is a pancake breakfast and a community bbq here in town, but Trevor and I have never attended those. They even have foot races for the little kids, and maybe we should go because it might be fun for Brody, but this year wasn't the one we tried it out. Maybe next time.

Every year since Trevor and I have been married we have traveled up to RV for their parade in the morning. This year we decided to change it up and not go. It was weird not going to a parade for the 4th of July, but we had just had a parade the weekend before during the San Juan fiestas and we knew that it was just going to be really hot.

So instead of the parade we headed to the Show Low for the movies. We took Brody to see Toy Story 3. Up until a couple months ago Brody showed little to no interest in tv or movies, but we bought the first Toy Story movie and he has become addicted to it! We've tried other movies like Cars, but Toy Story is his fav'. Brody has gone to the movie theatre before but he was so little that it wasn't that exciting for him. This was a totally new and fun experience! He sat on Trevor's lap for most of the movie and kept giggling and saying, "buzz" and "woo-ee"(woody) and then at one point they end up in the trash so he was telling us all about them in the "sash". It was so much fun.

My brother and his wife were able to come for the weekend and it was nice to enjoy their company. I love my other two siblings, but they are so much younger than me that its nice to have Spenser come because he's somewhat in the same point in life as I am. I really like his wife, Stormy too because its nice to have a sister-in-law. Trevor only has one married brother too so I don't have a lot of 'sisters' my age. We spent quite a bit of time with them while they were here and I think we had more fun this time than ever. It was such a fun and relaxed time!
That evening me, Trevor, and Brody decided to head to RV's fireworks and not Lyman Lake's with my family. We were excited to see Brody's reaction to the fireworks because last year he mostly slept through them. As night came on there were people lighting off their own personal fireworks and Brody kept saying, "more" and we had to tell them that they would be coming soon. Once the big fireworks started Brody reacted like he usually does to new things. He was as mellow as could be. At times he would duck behind his blanket, but mostly he was silent taking it all in. Brody would have stayed pretty chill through it all if Trevor and I hadn't started saying wow, cool, or nice and he would copy us.
The weekend ended with us making smores over a fire at my mom's house on Sunday evening with all my siblings. Minus the mosquito bites we all seemed to suffer, it was such a fun time.

2 comments:

Matt and Liz said...

sounds like fun

Jaime said...

You did not MISS A THING at the RV parade. The floats were non existent and they hardly threw any candy (which I'm thankful for, but the kids were bored)