Wednesday, July 07, 2010

31 Weeks and Counting

Depending on how you look at it, I have 2 months, or 9 weeks, or 63 DAYS until my due date September 8th! Woo-hoo. I can hardly believe that this pregnancy is nearly over. I am so glad!
I have to say that this has been a pretty good. I can't complain because I feel like I have it pretty easy. I do have to say though, that the discomfort has definitely started to set in. 2 weeks ago I was looking pretty good, but all of a sudden not only do I feel like Shamu, I look like her, because I am as big as her! This is not a joke. I went from not much there to a full blown pregnant lady. And I feel that big too. Even though my weight gain is only around 10 pounds or so, I know that from this point on all the weight gain is going straight to fattening up this baby. He is already feeling so big to me! I can hardly breathe at times and its only going to get worse.

My heartburn has come out in full force. I live on tums and pepcid ac at this point of the game. I get up to go to the bathroom 5 times a night. Exhaustion has started to catch up with me. None of this is different from my first pregnancy except that through this one I am chasing a VERY active 23 month old!
Brody still has little to no concept of getting a baby brother named Ryder. We try to talk about him to Brody and all he says is, "Door." He just thinks that one day we are going to bring a baby home through the front door (if only it was that easy on mom!). When we ask if he wants Ryder to come to our house he always says yes with lots of excitement, but I'm not sure he really knows what he's saying yes to.
I have started what I guess most people call "nesting." At this point in my pregnancy with Brody I had pretty much everything in his room ready to go. I had a few things to get still, but I was done. Call it over-eager or first time mom syndrome....but I was most definitely prepared. Not until this week have I felt the need or desire to start getting ready for Ryder. On Sunday, I rearranged all the furniture in our guest bedroom to make room for Ryder's bed. (Trevor walked in to find me sweating as I moved a bed and vanity and just said, "Idiot...." and then walked out) I'm really not decorating a room up for this baby because eventually I'm going to put him and Brode in the same room, but things still needed to be moved. Then yesterday I pulled out all of Brody's old clothes and even though they were washed before they were put away, I rewashed them and organized them into drawers. I also got out the infant car seat and gave it a good scrub down, and now it looks almost new.
We are really excited to meet Ryder. I can't wait for the day when he and Brody can play together and be buddies. I wonder more and more each day about if Ryder is going to look like his brother or be totally different. I wonder if his personality is going to be even more laid back than Brody's or if he's going to totally steal the spotlight.
Just 63 days to go.....(hopefully a little less....)

6 comments:

Zanny Poo said...

I can't believe your due date is so close. Time flies. Well, maybe not for you, but your pregnancy seems to have gone by quickly. I hope you get to put up your feet and relax for a few minutes.

Anonymous said...

you look so cute! can't wait to meet ryder!

Clint and Tiffany said...

How fun! How have all the projects come? I'm excited for you, 2 is SO much better than one! More stressful, yes. More exhausting, yes. More rewarding? YES! It has gone by so fast. I have so many friends that are prego right now and it seems that it's going freakishly fast. The year is already half over! Craziness!! You look beautiful!

Erin said...

I want your boobs!

Erin said...

Haha... not in a lesbian way. I want them on ME! Haha.

kimber said...

Just think though, with only a 10 lb gain when this baby gets here you'll look amazing and be skinnier that when you started! :)