Tuesday, December 02, 2008

This Thanksgiving

Every year we pull double duty for the major holidays. Round one of Thanksgiving was spent with my family and round two with Trevor's. It's nice that we don't have to chose one family or the other, but at the same time it's not so nice on the belly. Can you say major calorie intake? Wow.
It is crazy to think that last year at this time there wasn't our little Brody with us. In fact, I very distinctly remember last Thanksgiving. We had been hoping to be blessed with a baby for quite a while and it just hadn't been happening for us. I had always thought that when we were ready that I would just get pregnant. Well it didn't work that way.
I remember sitting at my Aunt Gina's house and just taking in everything. I was kinda feeling sorry for myself because I wasn't pregnant. My Aunt Nanette even asked if I was. That only made my pity party worse, then shortly followed with thoughts of, "Does she think I'm pregnant because I LOOK like I'm pregnant....great....."
That weekend was the football state championship (just like this year) in Tucson. I was so glad to see my friend Erin there, but once again was feeling crappy. Erin was a few months pregnant and while I was thrilled for her, I was a little jealous. Little did I know....
About a week later I took a pregnancy test and it came up positive!
Last year I was pregnant with Brody and didn't even know it, and this year we had him hear with us. I can't wait for all the many more holidays we will have with Brody. Everything is SOOOO different with a little one. Bring on Christmas.....

6 comments:

Shepherds said...

So cute! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!!

Erin said...

That is the cutest onsie!! I love it. I remember that football game and I remember feeling bad also that you were not pregnant yet. But it all worked out and I'm so glad!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Monica said...

Super cute pics Taytum!

Heidi Joncas said...

It is good to remember the past. It makes us so much more grateful for the present. Love that onsie!!! Happy Thanksgiving.

Bailey said...

Dang cute kid! So trevor. And yes, Holidays with kids is SOOO much better!

Nicole said...

Cute onesie:)