Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sweet Sounds

I remember the day that Brody was born the dr. said to him, "Come on baby, cry..." It seemed like an eternity before Brody made that first cry and I swear it was the sweetest noise I had ever heard up to that point in life. I don't think I have heard something better, but I have found its match.
Our Brody laughed out loud for the first time yesterday. He is always a smiley little boy, but I haven't been able to get a giggle until now. I read in a book some of the things that a three month old can do or may be doing and laughing out loud was one of them. I was a little disappointed, because Brody hadn't laughed yet and I was really looking forward to it. But just like him coming a couple days before his due date, Brody laughed just a few days before his 3 month birthday.
By my reaction you would have thought that Brody had just won the nobel peace prize, but it was his simple giggle that reduced me to tears. He laughed several times and I called Trevor to let him hear, but he couldn't hear it. Of course, once Trevor got home 15 minutes later he wouldn't laugh again! (Trevor's going to start thinking that I'm lying if Brody won't do any of the cute things for him that he does when Brody and I are alone)
I haven't even been able to get Brody to laugh again, but now that I've heard it once, I know it can happen at any given time again. Until then though....I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat!

9 comments:

Shepherds said...

Don't you just love all the milestones! He is sooo precious!!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

He is so stinkin cute! he has such a bright smile! I love it

Amy J said...

Aww! I love when that first giggle, Payton started giggling in her sleep when she was just a few weeks old, atleast it sounded like. My heart melted the first time she really giggled! Still does. He's a stud Taytum!

Lindsey said...

Oh my heck, you just got me so excited to be a mom that I think I will go eat a bunch of spicy foods and go on a VERY long walk to induce labor : ) He is so cute!

Bailey said...

Hes so cute, i love how big he is. giggles are the best, especially when its YOUR baby. i need to see him. and i still wedge myself into the couch, but i wake every 30 mins to an hour...i don't know if it's anxiety or what? i hate it.

Mary Anne said...

how fun! i love the rewarding moments when they start doing new things! this is one I'm definitely looking forward to. i'm so incredibly jealous that he is older than Sadie right now because i really want to hear a real laugh. he is one adorable little boy. Are you loving being a mom or what?

oh...and I loved the frozen bread loaf story.

*** said...

Taytum you are such a cute mom, your posts are always so sweet. you make me step back and think about all the things that my little guy does and appriciate them more. Brody is a cutie pie. Hope you and Trevor are doing good, take care.

Mary Anne said...

okay...i totally feel you on the "i'm not sure i'm the best mom in the world" thing, but that you are the one who knows how to take care of your little one best. sometimes i feel bad for being a "student mommy" and not always giving sadie as much attention as she surely deserves, but i really do my best. AND every time someone does something to her or says something like THEY KNOW what she needs, i get all crazy inside like "oh you've got to be kidding me, right? she doesn't even like that." in the end though, i love being a mom.

p.s. i have no freakin clue why we weren't better friends at ea. oh wait...it's because i was lame and never hung out with hardly anyone unless i lived with them. that's why. dang it.

Jaime said...

He is so precious! I love when they start laughing. So many times I thought to myself this is my favorite stage and then the next one is even better!