Sunday, December 14, 2008

Big Boy Brody

I realized the other day that there is a constant stream of pictures of Brody on here, but not so many of Trevor and I. Really, when you have a dang cute kid you can't even help wanting to show off every picture you can, but I need to remember to take some of all of us. Brody really is growing. He is rolling over like a pro. About a month ago he rolled from his back to his belly. I was so excited. He had been trying to roll the other way, but it is way harder, and he couldn't quite get it. I thought that I should put him on his tummy and try that way. We hadn't been putting him on his tummy much because it seemed like he really hated it. Sure enough, he rolled. He didn't roll once or twice, but like six times. I was able to get it on video. The next morning he did it again a few times.....and that was it.....never again.

Then about two weeks ago I woke up to find Brody on his belly in his bed. It totally freaked me out and I was checking to see if he was breathing. I could not believe it. I hadn't put him in his bed on his belly, but there he was. He rolled onto his belly and we hadn't even seen it. I spent the whole next night flipping him back onto his back. I finally gave up. If Brody wants to be on his tummy, he's going to be. Once Brody rolled for us to see, we clapped and felt like throwing a party. Not really, but it was exciting. A couple of days after that he was rolling like it was no big deal. He loves it. He doesn't love staying on his belly though, and he can't remember how to roll back onto his back. Every nap and each night Brody sleeps on his tummy. He never starts that way, but that's how it ends.
Brody also pays very close attention to things now. He got some new toys that hang from his car seat that he loves to grab at. He has also really found his toes. He even tried to eat them in the tub the other night. Of course every thing that he grabs at goes in his mouth now. We really have to be careful of what is within his reach.

One thing I love is reading. I have sworn that I will read to my kids and hopefully they will learn to love it too. I have a book of nursery rhymes that I tried to read to Brod, but he just didn't enjoy it....he was just too little, until now. He loves his little books. He likes the bright colors, and he reaches for the pages.

We love these new developments, but it's also kinda sad that he is growing so fast. Each step is so exciting. I don't think watching Brody will ever get old to Trevor and I.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Cute post Taytum! I've been meaning to call you, but every time I think about it I'm always in the middle of something that I can't stop doing.

Brody is getting so big and SOO cute! I love these pictures.

Tansey Hall said...

You are so right about the books. I just love buying them for Cade every chance I get.
My friend Jenn took our family pitures, she is just starting her own business and wanted to use us in a portfolio she is trying to get together. We needed pictures for Christmas cards, so it worked out well.
My mom was just telling me Sunday how darling Brody is, I just had to agree with her. He is so cute Tayum, he has the biggest eyes and a great complexion.

Nikki Owens said...

Can i just say how cute Brody is. I know you get that a lot but you guys made one good looking baby! Anyway how is everthing? Are you going to be home for Christmas? I will be there for a couple of days, which i am excited for. I am jealous that its snowing up there but at the same time, i just like to watch it fall but i hate driving in it.

Mary Anne said...

i totally agree with the "this will never get old" thing. everything that they do is so amazing. i have a really hard time reading to sadie for some reason. someone asked me if i was reading to her for 20 minutes a day and i was like "uh...yeah not at all actually." i mean sometimes i read out loud to her, but i'm SO bad at it. anyway, brody is so big and i can't believe how much he's rolling around! fun!

Larry and Megan said...

oh my he is so cute and getting big so fast! You are a super hot mama! Thanks for sharing the fun pictures and for the cute comment on my blog. I miss you and hope to see you soon. Maybe since we will be moving back soon we can hang out sometime! Love ya chica!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

He is so cute! And growing so fast! Cute pictures

The Graham Crackers said...

I don't blame you one bit for putting up so many pictures of Brody cause he is soo dang cute! That's so exciting that he is rolling over now! haha! I remember wanting to throw a party when Wyatt did it the first time too. Just wait till he takes his first steps then you're really going to want to throw a party! I'm so excited for you guys!