Sunday, July 20, 2008

Brody's Shower

On Saturday my cousin, Julie, threw a baby shower for me. It was so so so nice. Julie has such a talent for things like this. She could seriously cater or be an event planner for a living. Everything is just so perfect always when she is in charge.I have seen many a baby shower invitation in my day, but Julie made such cute ones for me. I am rather picky, you see. I really don't like super baby-ish things. I don't care very much for anything with characters either. The invites were red and blue and they had stars all over them that said "twinkle twinkle little star, how excited Trevor and Taytum are, waiting for their little boy, who's sure to bring them lots of joy. " Anyway, I just really loved them, they were very much to my taste. A lot of people were out of town, so I didn't have as many people there as I had hoped, but the turn-out was still pretty good. I was so hesitant about who to invite and who not to invite. Probably dumb, I know, but haven't you ever been invited to a shower and you think, "Why would they invite me? I don't even know them that well." I know I left out people, but I really didn't want to impose on people. I know that there have been several showers lately and several more to come, so I just didn't want to be a bother. I figure, if someone wanted to really give me something and they hadn't been invited, that they would give it to me anyway.
I'm not big on games either, so we just had a really simple shower. People came and went. We ate and visited....my kind of shower. I ended up with a little bit of everything. Several small receiving blankets, a few outfits, a swing, money, a little health and safety kit, Brody's first pair of shoes, and now I actually have socks!!!

I definitely feel a lot more ready now. What's even better, is I know what kind of things I still need. Before, I was a little at a loss. I didn't want to go crazy buying clothes, if I was going to get tons of clothes, but like I said, I got a little of everything. Now I have a jump off point. I know what else I want or need.
When I got home with everything Trevor sat and looked at all. He is so good about being interested in all of that kind of stuff. I really thought that he would be like, "oh that's nice." But he really did take the time to look at everything and pull out all the cards and read them. In fact, Trevor even asked why showers are for the girls. He said that he would enjoy going. Good food, opening gifts.....what's not to like?

10 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Darn I wish I could have been there. Sounds like a cute shower. Now that you have a good base for baby things, is there anything that you need or what. I need to go shopping for that little Brody!

Amy J said...

Aw, I wish I could have been there Taytum. I agree, why can't men go to showers?? Now its time to go crazy and get everything else you need! Good Luck!

Jaime said...

Sorry, I was one of those out of town. I have a gift for you, I'll bring it by! Hopefully I won't be disturbing you if you decide that this baby is ready to come out and you take me up on my advice!

Erin said...

Well, I didn't get an invite and I'm TOTALLY offended! :) I wish we lived close to eachother.

Hope you got some good stuff!

Kachelle said...

yay! i'm so glad you had a shower. it looks like it was fun and cute!

Bailey said...

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I DO have a gift...and i will be in town this week! Glad eveything went well!

K. Bitton said...

I am so glad you feel more comfortable now! It's nice once you know what you need and you can acutally start getting it:) If there is anything you need let me know I would love to help out. Have a good day!

Julie said...

K I never ever think we look alike, but gotta say, in that picture we kinda do! I had a girl say hi Mrs. Waite, the other day and then go oh, I mean Mrs. Nielsen.. haha. Don't see it most of the time, but I guess we do look somewhat a like. Glad you liked it!

Ashley said...

It looked like a really cute shower. I remember being exactly like you and being grateful that now I had a jumping off point as to what to get for Coop. Showers are great. You should definitely throw one for Trevor. :)

Erin said...

So I would be calling you instead of leaving a comment, except it's 4am and I figured you'd like to enjoy your last few nights of good sleep. Secretly I hate you for it! J.k. Just jealous!

So a few EA girls are getting together in Mesa around the 27th or 28th for a little mini reunion. I'm sure your doc probably wouldn't let you travel this late... but in the chance that there's a possibility, I wanted to make sure you got an invite. Like I said before, I just wish we lived closer to eachother!

Enjoy your sleep!