Sunday, July 13, 2008

5 Weeks left...hopefully less...

I have to tell my two latest stories, or else I am bound to forget! Complete strangers come up and talk to me all the time and ask me about my pregnancy and how I'm doing all the time now, not to mention people I already know. For the most part, I think people just are excited about the prospect of new life, so I kind of enjoy it.
While at the grocery store yesterday I ran into my brother's friend, Damien Farr. I have always really liked this kid. He is just goofy and fun, and he and Spenser always had a good time together. Well, Damien was asking me how much longer I had until I had this baby and I told him but then said that I hoped he would come sooner because I am ready to be done. Damien was like, "well, you could come over and I could try jumping on you." I started laughing so hard just at the image of this big guy jumping on my belly and a baby shooting out of me! Damien just grinned the whole time, and then said, "But I'm no doctor, so...."

Then today at church we were ditching Sunday school class and got caught at the door by Danny Price. He looked at me, and then in all seriousness he said, "You know, you have the body of a God!" It kinda took me back a second until he finished by saying, "Buddha, that is." HAHAHA! Trevor thought that one was the best we have heard yet. If you know Danny Price at all, you know that he is such a joker and it was not intended mean in any way. Plus, it helped that he rubbed his own belly and told me that I almost matched him.

9 comments:

Kachelle said...

that's funny. I hope it comes sooner too, those last few weeks are always the worst!

Class and Sass said...

LOL!! We are coming up for the 24th!!! look forward to seeing you guys!

Erin said...

OH MY!! That first story is just too hilarious. JUMP ON YOU?! Oh, you're SO close! Yea for you.

Anonymous said...

I cant believe you only have 5 weeks left. The time goes so fast sometimes. I hope everything goes well for you the last few weeks. It is fun having several ultra-sounds. Normally they just have patients do two but since they are worried about his growth I am having more so that part of it isnt fun. Hopefully we will see you here in a few weeks over the 24th.

Haymore Family said...

you look so cute! i always love to hear those crazy stories, and they will just keep coming! good luck on your last few weeks!

Shepherds said...

You look great! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Damien is so funny! You look so cute!
I havent thought about that. I wish I would have. He better come out a boy, and not a girl! No we didnt get the matching travel system. My sister in law gave me hers. Since we are on such a tight budget

Larry and Megan said...

You really shouldn't laugh at my Dad cause then he'll think he's funny. Now he will try and use it on someone else. Hopefully they won't be offended. If he uses it on one of us, we will have to hurt you. J/K I'm hoping to come for the 24th, and to get to see you before you have Brody.

Mary Anne said...

oh my gosh you are getting so close! it's funny beause you always think "oh I have 5 weeks left..." or whatever, but really that baby could safely come two weeks earlier than that...and then it's only 3 weeks! Whoa.

And the Buddha story...crack me up. That is so hilarious.

You're almost there!