Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blunt as Ever

You know how little kids have a tendency to just say exactly what they think? You know, completely and totally honest? Well, I know who can match them perfectly...Trevor's grandma. She tends to say it just like it is. Most of us keep some things to ourselves simply out of kindness. Larue Waite tells you your fat if your fat or like in Trevor's case she never fails to tell us how he was the ugliest baby she ever saw. Sometimes it can be brutal, but a lot of the time I find it funny. It's more funny to me then to Trevor because it's not my grandma so I don't take it to heart as much as I would if she was.

Well, this 93 year old lady is pretty amazing. How she can get around and be as ornery as she is, is pretty cool. I personally hope to die before I hit 93, but if I do make it that far, I hope that I am in as good of shape as she is.

Every summer grandma comes here to live to get away from the heat of the valley. She actually just had some of her colon removed recently because of cancer so it took her until this week to get here. We normally see her a lot sooner than now. Well, we went to visit her the other night and she was so happy to have visitors. As we were leaving I was saying how heavy this baby feels and how ready I'll be for him to come. She looked at me and said, " I think the Lord made it that way, so that when the time comes for that little bugger to come, you don't give a DAMN about what happens."

Hahaha. I about died. If you could have seen this 93 year old woman in her new little "foxy (her words not mine)" rocking chair.....you would have laughed as much as we did.

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

oh my heck. That is one of my favorite things...old people who just give it to you straight. I think they figure they've put up with being nice long enough that from now on they're just gonna be honest. Love it. Dusty can't wait to be old so he can just be ornery and mean.

So has any of the panic subsided yet? I'm sure feeling panicky some days. I mean seriously one day you'll just come home and all of a sudden you have a baby? It just seems so crazy. We need to get a car seat. Maybe after that i'll feel better.

I'm so excited to see what little Brody looks like! You really are coming down to the end!

Shepherds said...

SHe really said Damn? HA HA HA! Hilarious!