Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The New Babies



My extended family has just recently has a surplus of new babies. In a short span of like 2 months we added a Kenady, Kaitlyn, and a Trip. Talk about exciting. It is so neat to see these newborns, and to remember the place they just came from. They are the closest link to our Heavenly Father and miracles in themselves!

This weekend I was able to bust out some of my photography skills (skills being a very loose term, considering that I'm about as amateur as amateur gets). I first took some pictures of Julie and Butch's little girl, Kaitlyn on like Thursday that were all black and white. It was fun to do those because it was just me, Julie, and the baby and it was really relaxed and I didn't feel pressured or rushed. On Sunday, Jaymi and Dallas blessed their little Kenady, but I used mostly colored film, and I don't think they turned out quite as well. The babies were tired and hungry and I was just trying to hurry so the consequences of my rushing are a couple of people cut off in pictures and some of them out of focus. Boo. Oh well, maybe I could do better next time. Here is a sampling of some of my pictures, and if you go to Julies link she has more on her page.


(note to anyone looking at these pics....I'm NOT a professional, AND the only reason any of them turned out somewhat good is because how could they not w/ a subject(s) as cute as these)
The first picture is of Julie and Kaitlyn, and the second is of the new cousins Kenady and Kaitlyn.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I think you take great pictures! My family was happy with the ones you took of us:). Cute girls!

Amy J said...

Taytum you are great! I've always loved the pictures you take, I never did see those ones you took of all us girls in college for that project. I love taking pictures, I just wish I was better at it!

Amy J said...

Haha,that's so funny! I didn't even realize it could sound like that! No baby for us yet! I'll be sure to announce it as "I'M PREGNANT!" When we do get pregnant:)