Saturday, February 10, 2007

Belated Birthday Entry

Long time no write....I know! So what's new with us? Well in case you couldn't tell from the entry heading we celebrated a birthday at our house! Trevor turned the big two-four (24). It's kind of ironic that this birthday was celebrated after our first anniversary, because when Trevor and I were dating he used to tell me that he didn't even want to think about getting married until he was 24....haha. When life hands you lemons......

Anyway...When asked what he would like for his birthday Trevor would either say, "Nothing." or "I want my dentist bill paid off." Now if that doesn't sound like a married man talking, I don't know what does. Of course, as anyone knows, you can't get nothing for your birthday, and to be quite honest, not only is getting your dentist bill paid off not fun, but it is so expensive that that gift was out of reach. Being the procrastinator I am though, I didn't have a dang thing planned. His birthday was the 31st, which was the middle of the week! I didn't have a lot of opportunity to go get a gift, so I decided to take off a tad early from work to run to Show Low (45 minutes away), but as luck would have it, that day it was storming all over the place and I was told there was too much snow and it probably wasn't safe to go, so I opted for the less options route and went to Round Valley (30 minutes away). I jetted over there and I didn't get anything exciting but I bought a shop vac, which is great for Trevor because he is always cleaning out his truck, and now he doesn't have to go spend money to clean it. I also bought a bunch of cinnamon heart candies that he loves and went home and wrapped them all nice.

The second part of my plan was to make it as festive as possible at the house. This worked out well because Trevor was at a game and didn't come home until the evening. My mom had board meeting so she couldn't make it, but Trevor's parents came. I hung a banner saying Happy Birthday and set up a card table with a tablecloth on it and his presents including cards from his parents and mine. I also made homemade chili beans and sopapillas, and of course CAKE! His favorite kind of cake is chocolate with rainbow chip frosting...odd but actually good. I did all of this in a manner of hours and as you can tell by the pictures I was a bit frazzled by the end of the night, but it was a fun night and he seemed happy. So overall I pulled it off despite last minute preparations.

Happy Birthday Trev!

2 comments:

K. Bitton said...

I am so glad you updated! You and Trevor are such a cute couple. Hope you have a great day!

Heidi Joncas said...

Happy Birthday Trevor! Sounds like pulled together a good spur of the moment to me. Better than what I cold have done.