Sunday, February 25, 2007

Home Improvements

I got really ambitious last weekend and decided to paint the cabinets. I had only like 30 minutes until the hardware store closed and so I made a quick decision and bought some paint and supplies. I knew before hand what a huge project I was taking on, especially considering that Trevor told me he wasn't going to help (little did I know that he would actually follow through with that promise). So late Monday night I got started while Trevor was laying a wood floor in our bathroom.

I didn't have a whole lot of time so I mostly took down all the doors with a power drill (???), which I have never used before in my life! And took the hardware off. Then I painted the skeleton of the cabinets with a primer before bed. Needless to say, our kitchen was a disaster! Plus, I had work all week so I would come home and put in a little work, but not much got done in between work and all of my sister's little league bball games we were going to.

Finally on Saturday I finished....and don't you worry I primered and put two coats of regular paint on all the cabinets without Trevor lifting a finger. But he did come to my rescue when it was time to re-hang the doors (but I'm pretty sure that's because he didn't trust me to do it myself).

I have to say, it looks pretty good, but we weren't done there. There is a bank of cabinets that are just in the way so we completely took them down and put them on a different wall. It totally changed the look of the kitchen, it is so open now. I love it. I don't have pictures of it, but someday maybe I'll get around to posting them, when it is a polished product.

3 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Fun stuff! When I did my cabinets it took like a month to prime, paint and to the glaze finish. I am impressed you did it so fast. I even had help. What color did you do?

Nicole said...

Way to go!

Heidi Joncas said...

Hey girl!! I wanna see pictures of your kitchen. You better post some. Talk to you later.