Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Called to Serve



Last week my brother sent his mission papers in via the internet, and he has been anxiously waiting since! It's amazing how fast it has all happened. By using the internet he was able to send his papers on like a Tuesday and by Friday, when we checked the internet the status of his papers said they had already been sent back!

In the process of waiting, Spenser has gotten his patriarchal blessing. We were out of town, and he didn't tell us he was getting it, so we didn't get to go. Apparently it was a pretty amazing blessing....but I guess most of us feel that way about ours. It is directly from God, so how could it not be?

But anyway......Elder Spenser Chance Garner has received his papers yesterday and he has been called to serve in the Brazil Sao Paulo mission. He will report to the MTC headquarters in Brazil (not provo!) on May 30th. He is thrilled to death. Not only did he shed a few tears, but so did my mom and I.




We are so proud of him!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That's so cool! Tyson is in Brazil! That is totally fine if you add my blog to your links! I already added yours to mine:)!

Unknown said...

YEA! I am so so excited for him! What did taylor have to say? my bet is she didnt shed any tears though right?

p.s that is totally my hand :)

K. Bitton said...

That is so exciting!! Jeff's brother and sister's husband served in Brazil!! That will be so awesome for him! Tell him good luck from the Kimballs. Love ya Tay!

Bailey said...

Congrats to Spenser! I love that kid. He'll be an awesome missionary!

Nicole said...

Come on Taytum, the Colts?! No, I do like Manning & the Colts team, but I'm a Bears fan & that won't change. My loyalty stays where it's always been, GO BEARS!