Monday, September 24, 2012

2 is Cool!

Like every morning these days I, Ryder Joel Waite, woke up bright and early on September 9th.  MY birthday! 

Mommy won't move me out of my crib and into a big boy bed because she likes to keep me caged.  Boo.  I tried one time to climb out myself, but I fell and it was the last time I tried that.  Me and my big brother have worked out a new system though.  It works great.  I wrap my arms around his neck, he wraps his around my waist and then hauls me over the rails of my crib. 

Mom and Dad didn't get to see me react to the streamers hanging in the hallway.  They didn't get to see my face as I found the balloons and streamers hanging over the table either.  All because Brody helped me out while they were still in bed.  Their loss, I guess.  However, I was so excited that I wanted them up.  Right then.  I pointed at my balloons and yelled into their bedroom, "See!  See!"  That is how our day began.

There were a couple of presents on the table for me.  Brody had 'bought' them for me!  He told me that they were matchbox airplanes.  Then he told me again.  And several more times after that.  Mommy and Daddy kept yelling at him to not say what was inside the gifts, to let it be a surprise.  I don't know what all the fuss was about.  I'm 2 for goodness sakes!  My attention span is like 2 seconds long.  I didn't remember what he told me.  I was still surprised.  Brody had a really hard time letting me have these airplanes.  They were pretty neat.  He just wanted to play too.  Lucky for him, I was feeling nice, and I shared.

It was a pretty low key day.  We ate yummy pancakes, I got a new tricycle from mommy and daddy, and then had church.  I marched into the church swinging my arm and strutting down the hall like I owned that place.  Because I do.  Didn't you know?

After church Mommy made lunch and while I was picking at it, our home teachers showed up.  They came just for me!  Brother Mullenaux, and his son, Beau remembered my birthday and had a little gift for me.  Brody really wanted to open it, but Mommy and Daddy had to remind him that it was MY birthday and that he already had a birthday.  It was just so nice of the Mulleneaux's!

After a good long nap and some dinner it was time for everyone to come over for cupcakes!  Brody is always my champion and was quite upset with Mommy for not making me a cake.  He felt that she was doing some great injustice to me.  She made little banners with the number 2 on them to stick in the cupcakes because he made her feel so guilty and she wanted me to feel special.

We opened gifts before singing Happy Birthday, and I got gifts very similar to Brody's.  I had my trike that I got earlier in the day (instead of a bike), a helmet, and a dream lite.

When it was time to blow out my candle I tried touching it first.  That wasn't the best idea and Daddy stopped me before anything bad happened, but then I got to blow it out and that was really fun!  I ate 2 cupcakes to celebrate being 2, or maybe it was because most of it ended up on the table. And chair. And floor....

As I went to bed that night with the stars shining on my ceiling from my very own dream lite, I couldn't help but feel happy about my very special and fun day!   

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Can I celebrate my next birthday at the Waite house? Love this post!