Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Letter to Ryder

Dear Ryder,

Its hard to believe that you are already approaching your 2nd birthday.  It has been an incredibly fast 2 years.  If I had to describe you in one word it would be CHARMING.  Why charming you might ask?  Well, I haven't met another that makes me want to take a week long vacation {alone!}, and hold them as close as possible all at the same time.  You can work anybody over.  When you are getting into something you know you aren't supposed to and you get caught in the act, you don't stop.  You don't feel guilty for being naughty.  Oh no.  You get the most mischevious twinkle in your eye, smile big, and continue doing whatever the heck you want.  I could strangle ya, and kiss ya all at once. 

You pretty much took a minimalist approach to speaking until a couple months ago.  Now you are saying everything!  Its so much easier to understand you now and because you are using your words you can tell us what you want and need without all the frustration (most of the time).  No! and Mine! are some of your most used words these days.  You also say truck, train, hurt, mom, da-ee (daddy), B (for Brody), Ry-er (your name), shirt, pants, gank goo (thank you) and church really well along with many many more.  I believe you are well over the 200 word mark.

You like to say hi to strangers, but they better not get too close.  This includes nursery.  You hate it.  If I stay in there so will you, but you are right by my side.  If I leave you cry, and would hold out for the whole 2 hours.  I think if they would let you go to primary with Brody, you would do great!  BUT, alas, this is not to be for another year.

Ry-ry, you are as cute as can be.  Your mischevious-ness really and truly is part of your charm.  I can't imagine you any other way.  I wouldn't want you any other way.  I am constantly amazed that you and Brody can be from the same parents, being raised the same way, and yet, completely different from one another.  It is true that each child comes with their own personalities.  Yes, enviroment has some to do with your personality, but its mostly just all you.  I couldn't do anything to change you even if I wanted to.

We love you sweet boy.  Happy Birthday!

love,
mom

No comments: