Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

The day started off with Trevor making me breakfast. It was an oh so wonderful (if not so healthy) amount of bacon, sausage, and eggs. And even better than getting breakfast made, was having the dishes done afterwards.


Brody said all day, "Happy E-ser muh-er's day, Mom!" No matter how many times we would ask him to say Happy Mother's day it always came out Happy Easter Mother's Day. With Easter so fresh in his memory and clearly far more fun than mother's day, that is what he kept saying.



Breakfast was followed up with a card from the hubs that may have made my eyes mist up a little bit from the tender words telling me how much I matter to him and our family. Then I got a card from the kiddos that kept unfolding until it was a huge heart. Ryder's 8 month old hands even got in on the action. Those little scratches across the card from the boys mean more than any flowery poetry ever could.




A shower was next without ANY interruptions. Total peace.




My toes got a much needed polish without any little busy bodies stealing the bottles to line up in rows, or taking files to scratch between those little toes.
My hair got curled without ever having to stop.



I was slightly disappointed with church. There was no mention of mom's. Was there spiritual upliftment? Yes, some, between games of peek-a-u (no peek-a-BOO for brody)and a busy baby. But still, sometimes its nice to hear a little about the importance of mom's and I got none of that during sacrament.
Dinner was made mostly by me, but cleaned up by Trev.



It wasn't a lavish day. No expensive gifts given. BUT....I call the day perfection!

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, except bummer that sacrament meeting wasn't centered on mommies. That boost is always nice. I think that heart-felt cards are the best...not necessarily the fancy presents. Knowing that someone took the time to write how they feel about you...that's priceless. You have a wonderful family!