Monday, May 30, 2011

2011 SJHS Graduate

I'm the oldest of 4 kids. I love all my siblings and am always so grateful that they are a part of my every day life. I don't know about you, but I feel like I have different relationships with each of them. Spenser is closest in age to me. He is who I have most of my memories with. We played and fought all the time with one another. He is so much fun to talk to now as we have grown up and are in the same sort of stages of life. My youngest sibling, Taylor, is my only sister. She is the baby. I will forever be glad that I have a sister! She is 11 years younger than me so along with having a sisterly relationship, I have tender motherly feelings toward her. Then there is Kade. He is the middle child. He is 8 years younger than me and I also have those mothering tendencies to him. All of my siblings have talents or seem to shine in certain areas. Kade is no exception. He is what I would definitely call "the golden child." He is fairly popular, VP of the student body, a lifegaurd, a prom king, he's protective, he has been involved in the school plays, and just this last Friday he graduated as the Valedictorian of the St. Johns Highschool class of 2011.


Despite being 8 years younger than me, Kade is the sibling most like me. I think that we are somehow always tied to one another. He is so much like me. My mom always says he is the male version of me (and Taylor is the female version of Spenny). The day I was baptized, Kade was blessed. The day Kade was baptized, I gave a talk at it. When Kade was burned and had to spend time in the burn unit, the only person besides my mom that spent time watching him in the hospital, was me. And when Kade graduated from highschool on Friday, it was my birthday.



As we sat through graduation and listened to Kade's speech a sense of pride totally overwhelmed me. Tears never actually spilled over, but my eyes misted more than once. Kade has turned from that annoying little brother with the high pitched voice that drove me bonkers, to a confident, smart, handsome, outstanding human being. He truly amazes me and even being so much younger, makes me feel completely insignificant. His light shines a little brighter than most.



We are so proud of you!

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Love those pictures your got! The one of his silhouette and the sunset is BEAUTIFUL!! Sounds like he's a pretty awesome guy...and if you're his female counterpart then I guess that means you're pretty awesome, too :)

taytum said...

I am the counterpart, but I'm not even half as awesome as he is!