Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Little Chef

One of Brody's favorite things these days is "helping" and watching me cook. If something is on the stove he stands on his tip toes and begs for me to pick him up. Once he gets his way he'll smile and stare at everything going on. I ask him things like, "Should I stir it, Brody?" and since he doesn't talk he'll just nod his head yes. He gets the biggest kick out of it because he thinks he is helping me so much.
It doesn't matter what is cooking or where it is being cooked, Brody wants to be a part of it. If something goes in the oven Brody will stand at the oven window and press his nose all the way up against it to watch whatever is baking.
Last night we had beans and sopapillas (perfect for this dang cold weather the last few days), and Brody had to watch so I put him on the counter and he watched me roll out the dough for the sopapillas. A few weeks ago we made a cake for my mom's birthday and Brody sat on the counter then too. He watched as each ingredient was put in the bowl and then was lucky enough to have his first experience licking the beaters! He LOVED that part. It doesn't surprise me that he is so interested in what is going on in the kitchen because he loves to be in the middle of everything, but I am surprised that he does so well. When he gets to be on the counter he doesn't try to take a dive off, he'll usually stay just where I put him, and he does really well at not putting his hands into everything.
Maybe, just maybe, we have a future chef on our hands!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Cute boy! So I found your not so secret, but new to me photography blog and Nick and Shelly's pics are sooo cute! You did a good job. Can't wait to ask you to take new born pics of the twins! :-) Crazy!

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.