Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween 2009

I cannot believe that October has come and gone! Seriously, where was I? We have been so busy it seems that we didn't get to fully enjoy the month! I love fall, and especially October. Everything we did seemed a little rushed because we put things off to the last minute!

We didn't get Brody's Halloween costume until the week before Halloween. It wasn't that I didn't look its just that I never could find anything that I loved. Trevor is such a scrooge and all "bah-hum-bug" about holidays too that I felt a little discouraged. He didn't want me to spend money on something Brody would only wear one time for a few hours. He also kept telling me that Brody wouldn't remember it anyway. Finally after pouting about it Trevor said it was fine, I could go ahead and get a costume...of course, if you ask him he'll tell you that he never said I couldn't get a costume. Technically, I guess he didn't say NO, he just made me feel not so excited.
Less than a week to go I scoured Walmart, Walgreens, and Kmart in their VERY picked over Halloween section. We found a giraffe costume that was pretty cute. It was a 12 month size, but we thought it looked big enough. There weren't any sizes bigger in any costume unless I went really big. One plus side to waiting so long was that I got the costume on sale for only 9 bucks! Woot-woo.When we finally put Brody in his costume, it was a little more snug than we had hoped for! He couldn't walk very well because the seams were stretching in his feet, croch, and head/face areas. If Brody tried to look up it was so tight that it would make his eyes slant down like he was sad. It was hilarious to see him. There was a little Halloween parade that Brody and I walked in the morning of Halloween. We went by and got Julie and Kaitlyn and went together. The kids were given orange balloons and had a great time. Brody couldn't have been more content as I pushed him in the stroller. It was really pretty fun. After the parade we made a few stops visiting grandparents and great grandparents then came home, stripped off the costume, and resumed normal afternoon tasks.
As evening approached we finally sat down to carve pumpkins (yes, another thing we had put off because we were too busy). Brody sat on top of the table and "helped". He didn't really care for the guts of the pumpkin, but he was curious about how the pumpkin itself tasted. He had a little carving tool that he kept poking at the pieces we cut out and after a while he'd try those pieces out in his mouth. It was lots of fun!
That night we stayed in and passed out candy with Brody in his costume. Overall, a pretty fun Halloween!

3 comments:

Amy J said...

Cute! He looks so cute in his costume and your pumpkins came out cute!

Monica said...

Why are guys like that?! Ryan is the same way about Halloween. Thus the rule... You can't dress up until you can walk. Oh well!

Seriously the cutest giraffe EVER!!! And your pumpkins turned out great! Bring on Thanksgiving! I LOVE HOLIDAYS!!!

Whiting Family said...

His costume is CUTE!!! And a little thing I have learned, through experience...IF you can guess their size for next year, go online to oldnavy/the childrens place etc. just before Hallloween or right after and you can get adorable costumes for CHEAP!!! Just a helpful hint for the future (it has saved me that last minute shopping stress!!!)