Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Seriously? Snow?

Dear Snow,

I know that each year you are bound to come, but let me tell you a few rules on snow ettiquette. One, there is a time and a place for you. It is not on this day October 28th. October 28th is part of FALL. Not winter. We are supposed to be enjoying the leaves crunching under our feet, carving pumpkins, and getting ready for Halloween.
Two, we are in Arizona. Not Maine, Vermont, Colorado, Utah, or any of those other places known for getting lots of snow. I repeat....we are in Arizona!!! Granted, we do live in an area of Arizona that gets snow, we do NOT get it this early, or at least, not usually.

Third, although some people may enjoy you, you aren't my favorite thing. I prefer the sun and warm days. However, I do realize that inevitably you will come but if I could put in one request....I would love for you to come on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. That's it. That shouldn't be too much to ask. I mean, you can't really have Christmas without snow, but after that I have my snow fix. I'm done. I don't need you anymore. This area does need moisture, but could you send the rain instead. I can deal with rain, I even like rain most of the time, but you snow...you can come as little as you want.


Sincerely,

taytum

3 comments:

Amy J said...

I wish there was a no snow before Thanksgiving rule! Wouldn't that be nice.

Dee Waite's said...

that is some snow for Oct. glad I am not there!!!

Anonymous said...

i love snow! but it is way too early for it to be this cold!