Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Curious Brody

This little one year old feels the world is here for his exploration! I guess exploring your surroundings is how you learn, but it sure makes for a lot of fun and messes at our house.

Brody is constantly pointing at everything, every little noise he hears makes him turn his head immediately, he peers around the corner to see what's going on, and he even bends down to look into the vents in our floor.
The last two summers we have had these annoying little black bugs. They are teeny tiny, but I hate them. They seem to never go away. They usually are found near open windows and my entryway, and even on my dining room floor. I can't figure out how they get in, but I almost think they get in through our cooler.
Well today, after Brody ate lunch I was wheeling his high chair, and passed one of these little bugs on the floor. I figured I'd kill it later because I wanted to give Brody a bath. After the high chair was put away I went to the bathroom to get his soap and towel. When I came out of the bathroom Brody was laying on his belly in the middle of the floor. This isn't normal for Brody. The last time he laid like that on his belly (besides when he rolls over in his sleep) was when he was immobile. Hmmm.....weird, but oh well....I figured he was playing.....
Then it hits me....thats where that bug was! Brody stands up and he's acting like he's eating something!!!! I pry his mouth open, and sure enough that little black bug is on the end of his tongue! AAAGGGHHH! So gross. Normally those bugs jump when you get near him, but somehow Brody managed to lick it up off the floor!
He's such a BOY! Bugs...dirt....and cars...
Whenever he gets caught doing something he just looks up at me with this serious face like, "What mom? I was just curious."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuck! sometimes I see casen chewing and I don't even want to know what he's eatin...but luckily usually it's a crumb or something left on the floor from his lunch! cute pictures!!! sorry again about casen hitting him the other day

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.