Sunday, August 23, 2009

1 Year Older and Wiser too

On Thursday I took Brody to his one year wellness check up. As I drove to the doctors, I thought a lot about this past year and all that Brody has accomplished. It amazes me how much his little brain can soak up. I still believe that each stage of his life is as fun as the last. I keep hearing that one stage or another is better, but I don't think I could pick out one age as my favorite....they all are. As of thursday Brody weighed 23 lbs. and 2 oz. He started out such a big baby, but he is just evening out finally. His weight puts him in the 55% for his age. At birth he was 9 lbs. and 1 oz. Even though Brody has gained 14 pounds in the last year, I think that if he wasn't into EVERYTHING all the time, I think it would be more. His height at birth was in like the 96th percentile, but it has also gone down a little bit. He is currently 30 and 1/2 inches tall putting him in the 72nd percentile. And as for his head....lets just say its kinda big..... Brody still only has 6 teeth, but they seem to be growing in more and more. He walks everywhere, and tries to run, but his legs just can't keep up with him all the time. Crawling is rarely and option.
Still no talking from Brody. He knows exactly what we are saying, and he knows exactly what he wants, but he chooses not to talk. If we ask him where daddy is, or where mommy is, or even where is the light? He will point exactly to it. He knows when we say let's go bye-bye to head to the door because we are leaving. If we ask where his shoes are, he'll go get them. And probably most funny of all is when music comes on and we tell him to dancin dance, he'll bend his legs and move his arms.
Now that Brody is one, we have switched him to more table foods. He struggles a little with some textures, but he loves most everything. So far he really has liked cheese, fruit, hot dogs, spaghetti oh's, macaroni and cheese, and eggs. He doesn't hate, but tolerates: oatmeal, peas, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and whole grain waffles.


Brody's current favorite things include: his stuffed turtle (as always...), food, the broom, other people but especially kids, dogs, mom, dad, wearing shoes, being read to, and getting into every single drawer that isn't kid proofed and pulling out the entire contents of that drawer.
Brody's current dislikes include: the dark, the thunder, sudden movements (he freaks for some reason), getting his diaper changed, not getting what he wants, being told no, sleeping in the car, and most definitely not shots.
He has just been so fun. I still cannot believe that my baby is one! It is so weird to think about how little he was last year in comparison to this year. It has just gone so fast.

3 comments:

Heather said...

he is so cute! he has accomplished so much that is awesome.

123123 said...

I can't believe he's one already!! Time has gone so fast! He is so adorable! I think you did a great job on the cake!!

I made my blog private, as you can tell, but don't have your email address. If you want to read it, can you please email me your address (stacilee84@gmail.com). Thanks!!

Ginny said...

Taytum! He is sooo cute! Time really has flown by! I remember last year looking at your blog and how excited I was for you to be having a baby! I was so baby hungry at that point :) it's amazing what happens in a year!!!