Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Family Pictures

Back in July we were lucky enough to have my cousin Denee take our family pictures. Its the first time that we have gone to have them done. Of course we have had the occasional picture of us taken at various events like Christmas, but never a time set up to have lots of pictures taken.
Denee was kind enough to think of us for pictures when she decided she needed more to launch her new website.I spent days before she was coming trying to find the perfect location. I finally saw this field that Steve Crosby owns and thought it was perfect. I knew that Trevor's parents had a bench that Trevor had built that would be perfect for the photos. The day of the shoot finally came, but it wasn't the most ideal of days....First of all, it was the week of the pioneer day celebrations, so we were busy and I felt like we were having to rush and fit in a time and she was also trying to do our other cousin, Julie's, family as well that day.

Finally, under a gloomy sky that was threatening rain, we went to the field.

As we walked into the field bugs flew up at us like crazy. Luckily, I did have some bug spray, but we didn't get it on us before we each suffered mosquito bites. Denee definitely got the worst of it and Brody came out with nothing.
Bug problem somewhat annoying, but we can deal....right?
Well, then the humidity of the impending rain and the slightly soggy field started to get to us, and I knew that I had sweat just dripping on my neck and along my hairline. So gross. How can she get even one good picture if we are sweating like pigs?
Then out of nowhere come 2 stray dogs! They start rolling all over the tall grasses. They are jumping and playing....that fine and dandy, except that it meant that Brody only wanted to watch them and they just wanted to be part of the picture! Agghhh.
All my romantic notions of this beautiful, lush, green field with a lone bench was diminishing by the second! Denee was so good too. She suffered tons of bites for the sake of her photography and she did it so quick. With a wiggly boy that was watching dogs she just shot one pic after another and I thought that if even one good picture came out of all this, it would be worth all the trouble.
Let me tell you, we ended up with a lot of shots. All of which were pretty dang awesome in my opinion. So if you are ever in need of a photographer in the valley area, you should try my cousin, Denee Ray. She has a new website set up and it tells you all the info you would need to hire her. http://www.deneerayphotography.com/

5 comments:

Chantel said...

Way cute!! I love the style-so cute!

Heather said...

Those are soo cute! they look so awesome she did a great job.

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures, you guys look great!

Jon and Rach said...

I can't believe your brother is getting married! I sure love him... He will make a great husband! And your pictures are super cute!

Clint and Tiffany said...

Those turned out SO nice! I looked at them as soon as you posted them last month and can't believe I didn't comment! Sorry about that! The vintage is a fun edit, love it! How are things going with starting your own photog stuff? I've finally settled on a camera and am just under 1/2 way there. So excited to see you in a few weeks! Squish Brodee's cheeks for me and then kiss them!