Friday, February 01, 2013

Valentine's Crafting

Every holiday out come the coordinating decorations.  My Valentine's Day stuff though is very sad and skimpy.  Not only do I have very little, but finding Valentine's decorations (especially around these parts) is near impossible.  Sure, there are some.  Mostly cheap and ugly ones.  Not at all what I have invisioned.  I mean, if I'm going to spend the money, it better be worth it.

I finally decided to look to my favorite, trusty, pinterest for some cute (and fairly cheap) ideas.  I pinned this cute heart wreath over a year ago, and knew it was what I wanted.  We don't have craft stores, so I ordered off hobby lobby's website and used a coupon.  Grand total spent was under 11 bucks.  Can't beat that and better and cuter than anything I found in stores!  The instructions I followed were from the Idea Room, and were so simple.  Just the kind of craft I can handle.

Next, I knew I wanted a banner.  I had seen several different ideas for painting burlap on pinterest, and so I thought I'd try it out.  Nobody had one just like the one I made though, I just combined several ideas.  It was also a very cheap and easy project that I (a virtual crafting dummy) could knock out in one afternoon.
I love how my stuff came out, and have had lots of compliments too.  Trevor rolls his eyes each time I "get my craft on," but he's a man....what do you expect?  At least he never stops me!


No comments: