Friday, February 08, 2013

A Bucket List Check

I don't have an actual bucket list written down, its more like a rough draft floating around in my head.  I'll be honest, most of my bucket list is pretty self involved.  Next to none of it will do good for others.  There are a couple things I'd like to do for Trevor someday, I would also like to be a good mother and raise good kids....but that is going to be something I work on until the day I die, and who knows if I will ever fully accomplish it.  I know a lot of people have things like climb Mt. Everest, run in the Boston Marathon, solve world hunger.  These things are great.  But not on my list.  Mostly for two reasons either A) I have no desire to do any extreme things like climbing the biggest mountains because I think that is insane or B) I would love for their to be world peace and for me to be the reason for it, but I'm sure that I have no means or control over something of that magnitude.

I do though have one thing.  Its one that I can easily accomplish and just did.  It isn't about me either.  Its something I have always wanted to do.  Its donating my hair.  Not selling (although I could probably get a pretty penny for my hair), DONATING.  I do not make a lot of money to give to people less fortunate, I do not have talents that could be of use to those maybe sick or injured, I do not even have singing or musical abilities that could cheer someone up.  I do however, have very nice hair.  As they say in little women after Jo cuts her hair, "You're one true beauty!"  That's my one beauty too.  Nice hair.  Don't you think someone would appreciate it?  Well, I do.

I have had this goal in sight for a couple years now.  I knew while I was pregnant with Ryder that I was going to grow out my hair and donate it.  I have trimmed my hair a few times along the way, but I finally had enough.  Today was the day.
10 inches are required, and I hoped I could give more.  In grand total I gave 15 inches!  Kind of a lot.  I went from the longest I've ever had my hair to the shortest I have ever had it (a few additional inches came off in the actual style/cut I got).

I'm loving the change!  I hate looking back at pictures and having my hair look the same for several years.  Boring.  This was fun, as well as a bit of a shock to my system.  I didn't cry though.  That's good.  I tend to do that after a major hair change!

Bucket list item:
Donate hair........CHECK!

3 comments:

Foy Funny Farm said...

Taytum I absolutely love it!! And so excited for you guys havin another boy!! I'm lovin having a boy and wouldn't have it any other way!

Lindsey said...

So cute it makes me want to do the same thing...for a few seconds. Then I remember I have no ability to fix short hair... :)

Tyler and Naomi said...

Your hair was so so long! But I love love love the short cut! Super cute!