Thursday, January 31, 2013

An Old Man

Ever since I was a young kid I have thought of being 30 as the end of the world.  Really, it just always seemed so old!  I don't know why.  The difference between 29 and 30 or 31 seems like light years apart.  Well, Trevor is 30.  He is not so old, but you better believe I had to make a big deal about it because I have always talked about 30 like it is.  I know I will be there in a couple short years, but I'll probably lay in bed the whole day and still claim I'm 25.




I did decorate, and build a mounded grave with a headstone for Trevor's youth to lay, but other than that it was a low key day....normally I don't even mention our bdays, but 30 is kind of a milestone. However, I forgot to even take a picture of the birthday boy. 

A few things we love about Trevor.
* He provides for our family
* He is a hands on kind of dad
* He honors his priesthood
* He is willing to serve others, and does it quietly
* He puts up with me and all my crazy OCD-ness
* He knows just when I need a break, and kicks me out of the house to get one even if its just for 15 minutes
* He loves and honors his parents
* He knows how to work hard
* He watches the bachelor with me and acts like he doesn't like it
* He appreciates the home I've created and decorated, even if he doesn't always get it
* He takes Brody to basketball practice even though he can be a distraction
* He has pride for the yard we've created, and takes care of it (i hate yard work)
* He is willing to jump in and do the dishes when he knows I'm tired
* He always keeps the inside/outside of our car clean
* He not only cuts his own hair, but the boys too (such a money saver!)
* He can answer most of my questions about church stuff
* He'll eat at El Charro everytime we are in the valley simply because he knows I love it
* He is appreciative
* He is my best friend
* He loves us {almost} as much as we love him

Happy 30th!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love this post! I think it's great you made a big deal of his birthday. And I'm so happy you got such an amazing husband. I'm thankful for mine everyday.
-Mandi Lunt Burnham