Friday, January 04, 2013

Pregnancy #3 Thoughts

Think of just about every weird thing your body could do while being pregnant, and I'll bet mine has done it this time around.  I am not joking.  Not even a little.  You could throw me in a man cave with some burly men watching football and I would fit right in.  I could spit, scratch, and burp with the best of them. 

Did you know that some women have excessive salivation during pregnancy?  Well, I was lucky enough to be one of them.  I'm even more lucky that it has finally stopped.

I have always suffered with extreme heartburn, but for one reason or another I have had serious indigestion problems this time around as well and the only relief is burping.  Gross, disgusting, MANLY burps.  I sometimes wonder who it is thats burping, but really its just me.  I have never felt more attractive in all of my life.

The end of the day is a blessing.  Thats when the bra comes off.  Thats when I give 'the girls' a nice -and much needed- scratch.  I am. So. Itchy.

I always go through the lovely 1st trimester nausea.  Its always uncomfortable.  But I have always counted my blessings because my actual puking is very minimal.  Like only one or two times.  This baby has had other ideas.  My nausea normally subsides right around week 12 or 13, and yes its not constant, but I still occasionally have it.  I have also thrown up way more this time.  My gag reflexes are stronger than I ever remember them being too.  ( I know, pregnancy karma has caught up and all you that are extremely sick don't even feel a little bit sorry for me!)

I am so super tired.  I could take a nap everyday.  Sometimes I do!

I also have this lovely tingly, burning sensation that runs in my thighs after I've been standing for a while.  I'm telling you....every weird thing possible has happened to my body.

Despite all this, I remind my husband constantly how lucky he is.  I really don't freak out or complain all the time.  I still make dinner.  I still keep the house clean.  I still get dressed and wear make-up.  I am pretty low maintenance.  I am not that needy.  Pregnancy is no picnic, and I do have bad days, but its not a disease.  Life still has to go on, and my family still needs me.  Somedays I may not put on make-up, or I may skip mopping the floor for a couple weeks, but those days don't happen too often.  Trevor is a lucky man, right?  Or at least thats what I'm going to keep telling him.

So when is baby #3 going to make an appearance?  Well, due to insurance I decided to wait to go to the dr until the new year started.  I went online and looked up a due date calculator and it said my due date is June 2nd.  We'll see how accurate that is in less than a week when I finally visit the dr.  Lucky for me, I'll be nearly halfway through my pregnancy and get my one and only ultrasound!  Yay.  I am extremely nervous about it.  I worry so much that something will be wrong.  I just want to KNOW that the baby is healthy and okay. 

The boys are both aware that mommy has a baby in her tummy.  If you ask Brody if its a boy or girl he says girl.  I keep trying to gently tell him that it may be a boy.  He always replies, "We just don't need a boy.  We already have 2 boys.  We have Brody and Ryder."  Guess we'll have to wait and see!

1 comment:

Foy Funny Farm said...

I'm just certain there is a little girl cookin' in there!!! So dang excited for you guys! Miss ya!