Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Christmas Tree & Christmas Eve

My Christmas decorations have all been taken down, boxed up, stored away, and I am just now finding time to write about how our holidays went! The sad, but very true story is....my mommy brain cannot even remember HALF of what has gone on in the past 4-6 weeks. Its just a blur. This is why if I was a good blogger, I would get around to blogging before I forget everything. So this is what you get. Take it. Or leave it. (sorry to my kids in the future for not being better!!!) As per usual, we set up our fake Christmas tree. My OCD/perfectionist self gets a sick satisfaction out of its perfect shape and un-scrawny self. For anyone that might roll their eyes at this, or say I'm missing out by not getting a REAL, albeit charlie brown, Christmas tree will take pleasure in knowing that my perfectionist dreams were dashed by the constant "beautiful" re-organizing of the ornaments on the bottom half of the tree by two sets of cute little boy hands. Truthfully though, after everyone helping put up the tree, Ry went down for a nap and that left just the 3 of us to put the ornaments on it. Brody LOVED it, and was really and truly helpful even if we may have guided him where to put certain things (only to have him move them throught the rest of the season).

Christmas eve was not the usual this year. Normally we have a big Mexican food dinner at my grampa's house, but this year it couldn't be there and it worked out better for my mom and us kids because I had been up the whole previous night with a sick baby and I didn't want him around all the other kids, so we just went to my mom's. It was a little bittersweet, I'll admit. I loved having it with just us, but I definitely missed being with all the cousins. I really love all the noise, chaos, and togetherness Christmas Eve brings with that part of the family.


After a delicious dinner, we headed home for the boys to open their Christmas jammies. I LOVE doing this! Brody told anyone and everyone that his jammies had "Pirate skull bones!" Trevor got out the bible and read the Christmas story from it as well as a picture book of the night before Christmas. It was simple, but great just the same.


We went to bed that night in the hopes that 'St. Nick soon would be there...' And when Brody saw that Trevor and I weren't in bed like he was he made sure to come out and let us know "you need to go to bed so santa cwaus can come!"


Off we went to bed shortly after that and had 'visions of sugarplums' all night as we awaited to see if we had been on Santa's naughty or nice list!

1 comment:

K. Bitton said...

FUN and what a cute tree. Your boys are getting so big and they are sure handsome!