Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year my brother and his wife weren't going to make it home for Thanksgiving anyway, so my mom and other 2 siblings took off to lands unknown....not really, but they did head out to "greener pastures". That left my little family to attend only one Thanksgiving day feast instead of the annual TWO we usually go to. After cleaning like a crazy person despite not having any company staying with us, and making my contributions to dinner on Wednesday and Thursday, we were off to spend some quality family and turkey time with the Waite's! Of course, I had to capitalize on the extra bodies around and get someone to take a family picture of us before the gluton-ness eating began. Let me tell you, Ry had already begun eating and taking away his precious crescent roll was not even an option, and Brody in his typical 3 year old way was doing anything but smiling or even LOOKING at the camera. So, if you can find JUST ONE good one out of all these, that's one more than I could find. After the 5 minute 'photoshoot' it was time to EAT!!!! Oh my, it was so delicious! There was good food and good company and it was just enjoyable being with one another. My family dug in and ate like we usually do...Trevor overate and felt like bursting, but still managed to cram in 2 pieces of pie. I ate my fair share, but left enough room for me to snack on food for the rest of the day. Brody in his latest eating fashion claimed that it was all yucky, but then ate it at a VERY slow pace. Ryder got his shirt stripped and stuffed fistfuls of food in his mouth. I mean, EVERYTHING that was placed before him was gobbled up until he out-ate his brother that is 2 years older than him. I really don't know where he put it all. It was quite a day, and as Brody said to everyone (because he refused to say thanksgiving for some reason), "Happy Turkey Day!"

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I think number four is pretty cute!!

Amy J said...

I love those pictures of you guys. You hair looks great and I can't get over how cute your boys are!