Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Letter to Brody

Dear Brody,

For 1,068 days we have loved you. For 156 weeks we have cared for you. For 3 years we have constantly talked about how blessed we are to have you a part of our lives. In just days you will be celebrating your 3rd birthday. THREE! I really CANNOT believe it.

So much has changed in these 3 years. Your dad and I will definitely admit to our lives revolving around you (and now your brother too). We can't even really remember what life was like before you.

Each day you are learning and growing SO MUCH! I have such a hard time of letting go of my baby and giving in to the little boy you are becoming. Every day you amaze me with the amount of things you seem to just soak in. Just months ago if I asked you a question you would have probably answered with a yes or no. Now you will say something like, "No, that wouldn't work." You also say things that you really shouldn't. Recently you went to the burn pit with your dad to drop off some grass clippings and you got the idea in your head that you wanted to walk home. When your dad said no and put you in the truck you threw such a fit and told him as you were driving down the road, "Stop this damn fing (thing), pick-up truck!" When your dad told me this later I didn't believe him at all, but when I asked you, you totally owned up to it! You told me "I cry wike (like) a baby and I say stop this damn fing, pick-up truck!" I told you that wasn't something nice to say, but it was SO hard not to laugh. I was even kinda impressed that you used damn correctly. Okay-but seriously--no more swearing dude!

Even though you are my big boy now, you still are as loving and sweet as ever. You can't let Ryder go to bed without making sure you give him "wuvs and kiss" and making sure we do too! When you get hurt the best medicine for anything is still a kiss from Mom or Dad.

Your memory has also grown and grown. I am so surprised by not only how much you can remember, but that you can remember things from months ago.

You love to play with trains, tractors, dirt, Ryder, Daddy, and your blocks. You also love to watch movies and quote things all the time from them.

Brody you have so much rhythm and really like to dance to music. You like to music and know the words to songs, but you really aren't much of a singing kid. If I ask you to sing you'll throw a fit, but if I sing something like A,B,C's or the itsy bitsy spider, I'll pause and you'll fill in the next words, but absolutely will not sing the whole thing with me. Kinda funny....

No matter how many other siblings you may have, you will always be our first baby. You are the one that turned Trevor and Taytum into Daddy and Mommy. You were the one that began us on the journey of fulfilling the greatest rolls we will ever probably have in this lifetime. You are our sweet, fun, handsome, and lovey-dovey boy! We love you more than we could ever even express. Happy 3rd Birthday Brody Jay Waite.

4 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Cannot believe that swearing story! I honestly don't know what I would have done...but they sure aren't letting a whole lot slip by them nowadays are they?? I think earlier you asked when Sadie's birthday is...it's the 27th. Our babies (or not so much babies anymore) are really close together!

Zanny Poo said...

What a nice letter! Happy Birthday, Brody.

Marcie Ashton said...

What a sweet letter. I know I have a soft spot for the child that turned me into "mom".

Clint and Tiffany said...

Sweet! Hard to watch them grow up, huh?!? Madi just started school and I'm living in denial. LOL Happy Birthday Brode!!!!!