Monday, August 22, 2011

Brody's 3rd Birthday











Last Monday, August 15th 2011, was our little Brody boy's birthday. I woke up and looked at Brody (who had crawled in the bed with me after Trevor left for work early in the morning) and just thought, "3 years ago at this exact time I was at the hospital and had been in labor for a few hours. I was on my side clinging to the rails on the bed anxiously waiting for an epidural." During the whole day I'd stop at different times and remember exactly what I was doing at that exact time three years earlier. Am I the only mom that does this? Is it as clear as yesterday for you too?



Once Brody's little eyes opened up he said, "g'morning mommy!" in his usual chipper morning manner. I replied with a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROD!" He smiled so big and said happy birthday back to me and then we got up and began our birthday celebrating.
Brody's other birthdays have fallen on the weekend and we've all been home the whole day, so it was really weird just having me and the boys and no daddy, but I knew I would try to make it as special as possible. First things first: Brody woke up to balloons, streamers, and happy bday signs. For breakfast we made it a little more special than normal by having chocolate chip pancakes, and Brody's even had 3 candles in them for him to blow out.

(besides the 'oohhing' and 'aagghhhing' Ry-ry made when he saw the decorations, the pancakes were his favorite part of all the festivities)


The morning and early afternoon were spent playing with Brody's newest cousin, Aftyn. They played in the dirt, watched movies, and had an indoor picnic complete with the Cars shaped macaroni and cheese (brody's favorite).


After Aftyn had left and Trevor had come home from work it was time for the big unveiling.....



A "TRAMP-O-WEEN!!!!!"

Trevor and I have been wanting to get one forever and boy were we right on the money with how much Brody would love it! We played and jumped until we were all red faced and sweating from the sun beating down on us (ry missed out on the fun because he was napping).


Once we were back inside Brody had a few more little things from us to open and with each present he would ask Trevor while he was opening it, "Dad what's in dare?" in the most excited voice! It was so fun watching him be so happy and excited.

Not long after that we had visits from Brody's Grampa and Gramma Waite, Red Gramma, and Aunt Taylor. Of course, he was more spoiled by them! And he had to show them all his trampoline out back. We tried to get a picture of us, but it seems he has been cranky on all 3 of his birthdays! I guess he takes that whole "its my party and I'll cry if I want to" thing seriously!


We wrapped the evening up with big pieces of tractor birthday cake and lots of love all around. Brody is one lucky little boy to have so many people love him so much, and we are so lucky that we have him to love.




3 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Happy Birthday Brody!!! Can't believe he is 3!

Mary Anne said...

Oh what a fun day! You definitely did a good job making it special. Trampolines are the BEST! I'm so glad he loved it. That picture is too cute of him jumping on it. I want to make Sadie's day special...hers is on Saturday. I know I wrote down her labor story, but I need to re-read it...I'm sort of bad with details, so I don't know if I would know at what time I was doing what. How terrible! Probably if I thought about it. Anyway, Happy Birthday Brody!!

Clint and Tiffany said...

SO jealous of the tramp!! We wanted to do one for Maelee for her b-day but it didn't work out. I'm hoping maybe next summer... :O) The cake looked AWESOME!! You did SUCH A GOOD JOB! I had no idea you were so talented in that respect! Nice work! I'm sure he'll remember this b-day for a long time!! Good job Tayt for making is so special!