Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ouch

Thunk!


followed by....


Ooouuuccchhh!


These were the sounds I heard coming from our spare bathroom a couple of days ago.


I know that bumps and bruises are a part of the territory of being a kid, especially a boy. The manner of HOW they get these bumps and bruises are sometimes crazy. Brody came out of the bathroom rubbing his forhead and sure enough there was a bruise quickly forming with a knot underneath.


From what I can gather, Brody went to pee--standing up of course like all "cool" boys do--and when he finished his business he bent over to pull up his underwear and shorts like always, but had a little incident happen. His head just happened to whack the edge of the porcelain throne on the way down. Owie!


It sounds unbelievable, right? It sounds almost as lame as an abuse victim saying they ran into the door. But seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Only a parent can truly comprehend all the odd messes and accidents kids can get themselves into.

3 comments:

Kelsey and Dallas said...

hahah how cute/funny/ridiculous. I love little boys!

Mary Anne said...

That cracks me up. But I can totally see how that would happen! Too funny.

K. Bitton said...

That's so true and so funny! Kids are the best form of entertainment. Not when they get hurt of course! What a funny boy you have.