Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Like Mom?

I have said it before, and I'll say it again. No one ever thinks that my kids look like me. Once in a great while I might hear that they look like me, but its pretty rare. I personally think it depends on the day, on the facial expression, or even on the mood. Somedays Ry looks like me, other days more like Trev. Somedays Brody looks like me, other days more like his daddy.

Trevor and I are both pepsi drinkers. Probably not, scratch that, definitely not the healthiest choice of beverages, but its sooo good. Brody calls it pep-ee juice. He doesn't get pepsi himself, except when he decides to steal it. When a sip (or two or three) is stolen, its more like gulps. Not just sips. One day I even caught him with my camera taking mommy's pep-ee juice. He is never ashamed of stealing it. Nor is he afraid of being caught. He just smiles a big sweet smile and tells us, "that good pep-ee juice." Not so long ago....okay like 20 something years ago.....I was caught stealing soda from my Grampa Mesa (my brother and I distinguished between our grandparents by the cities they lived in Grampa & Granma Mesa, Grampa & Granma St. Johns). When I see the pictures of me doing that I think okay, you are like your mom right there. Maybe they are more like me in personality? Anytime they are behaving naughty or some OCD-like tendencies, Trevor says they are definitely my kids. I don't know, it really changes daily.

4 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Whooohooo! That's too funny. Those are my kind of kids.

Mary Anne said...

All you baby! Ha ha. That is awesome.

K. Bitton said...

That's so funny! Your kids are cute, that's for sure! :)

Erin said...

WHAT?! Ryder totally looks like you!!! I think that every time I see a new picture of him. He is your little mini. I have noticed that usually the people that know you best can see you in your kids the easiest.

Cute flash-back pictures.