Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Getaway

Have you watched the news at all? Have you heard of a little thing called the Wallow Fire? Well, if you have than you know its not so little. It is the biggest fire that Arizona has ever had. As the smoke from the fire crept IN to our little hometown me and the kiddos decided it was time we crept OUT of town.
My highschool friend, Bailey, has invited us many times to come stay with her and since Trevor was working overtime due to the fire Me, Brody, and Ryder thought it would be fun to take her up on it.

Bailey has two cute little boys just like me. Her oldest is named Brody but is a little bit older than mine, and then her little Rigden is the same age as Brody. Bailey's boys were tons of fun, full of energy, and nice enough to share their toys. I was most impressed with Brody's interest in Ryder and how sweet he was to him. And Rigden--well, he has by far, the CUTEST voice I have ever heard on a little boy. He was cute already, but you tack on that scratchy I-got-a-cold sounding voice, and you just want to take him home with you.


Because I didn't have a lot of money to spend, and Bailey is pregnant and not feeling all that awesome, we just spent our time hanging out at her house and playing in her pool. This was our first time this year venturing in the pool. I was pretty embarrased because 4 month pregnant Bailey looked better than regular me (that's possibly why I have ventured out to our public pool yet). Maybe not the most exciting time, but we still had SO MUCH FUN!

It got pretty confusing with 2 Brody's running around so we called mine Brody Jay and Bailey's little boy, Brody Michael. You would think that Brody Jay would have more fun with Rigden, but he really liked Brody Michael. For the past few weeks all he talks about is, "Browie Michael swim in pool. Browie Michael jump in pool and kick his toes in water really fasser (faster)."


Thanks so much fun for letting us stay at the Michael Hotel, Bailey! We LOVED it!

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I hadn't heard a whole lot about the Wallow Fire but I had heard about the Monument Fire where I'm from down south. Scary scary. Glad you had a place to run to! I have yet to venture to the pool with both kids by myself this summer. I love the way you wrote Brody talking about your trip...what a cutie!

K. Bitton said...

FUN!! It's so nice to get out of the house:)