Monday, November 08, 2010

Ryder's Blessing

There are still days that I can't believe that we have 2 kids. Yesterday was no exception. Yesterday was Ryder's blessing day. It seems like it was only the other day that we were blessing Brody. It makes it even harder to believe because I put Ryder in the same outfit Brody wore, and they look so much the same that it was like deja vu! Trevor said that he had even worried and had dreams all week that during the blessing instead of giving Ryder Joel Waite as Ryder's name, that he would say Brody Jay Waite.
Ryder was priveledged enough to have his daddy give him his blessing. He also had his great-grandpa Garner, grandpa Waite, Uncle Dustin, Uncle Mike, and Uncle Spenser participate in his blessing. How lucky we are to have family willing to travel and be a part of this special day!
Ryder's blessing was great! I don't know that there are blessings that are bad, but it was special all the same. I am always struck at these moments at how blessed I am to have the husband that I have. I am grateful that he honors his priesthood and that he can give our kids blessings. I am also SUPER glad that its him that has to do the blessings and not me! I do not like to do any sort of public speaking or anything that draws any attention to me, so its wonderful that men hold the priesthood and not women. Besides that it just makes me an emotional mess so its better for Trevor to do it and not me.

Thank you everyone that participated in Ryder's big day, and thanks to those that just came and were there! We love you and are grateful to you!

1 comment:

Spencer and Marlee said...

He is a handsome little guy!!