Friday, November 12, 2010

Pumpkin Carving 2010

I love love love the fall and everything that comes with it. As soon as September 1st hits I put up the decorations and begin to enjoy this season. I love to do all the traditional things that most people do at the holidays. For Halloween I don't do the dressing up but I like to have decorations, I love passing out candy, and I always want to carve a pumpkin. Trevor drags his feet and roles his eyes everytime I talk about doing these kinds of things, but especially with the pumpkin carving. He hates it. If the truth really is told, I have to say that I actually don't LOVE carving pumpkins, but I just hate the idea of NOT doing it....thats tradition....thats just what you do. I want our kids to grow up and have memories of doing this kind of stuff with us like I have memories with my mom.
Last year Brody was just right in the center of all the pumpkin activity. This year he was a little more leary. We stripped him down to just a diaper and pulled a chair up and all he would do was take one of the tools and poke little teeny holes. He didn't really want that much to do with carving pumpkins. Well that is he didn't want anything to do with them until we put the candles in them. I truly believe that every boy is slightly a pyro at heart. Our little Brody is no exception to that rule. He kept saying, "a hire a hire!!!" (a fire a fire) when we would light the pumpkins.
I think the pumpkins turned out great this year. Despite hating the pumpkin guts(a lot), Trevor mucked out 3 of the 4 pumpkins and carved his own. I drew out the design of all of the pumpkins and carved 3 of them. The two boys won't remember these pumpkins, and they couldn't carve them themselves, but I wanted 4 pumpkins to grace our front door, and 4 pumpkins did.

2 comments:

Heather said...

My husband is the same way. he hates stuff like that, i have to beg him to put up christmas lights. the pumpkins look awesome you guys did a great job.

Zanny Poo said...

Those look great. May I hire you to do mine next year? :)