Saturday, October 25, 2008

Growing Boy

Not so long ago we took Brody for his two month wellness check-up. Hard to believe that two months has gone by, huh? He had to have shots so that wasn't too fun, but I love going and seeing how much he has grown. At birth Brody weighed 9 lbs. 1 oz. and was 21 and 1/2 inches long. At 9 weeks he didn't weigh as much as I thought, but he was still in the 86th percentile weighing in at 13 lbs. 8 oz. Crazy! That isn't the real kicker though. He is now 24 and 3/4 inches long! That puts him in the 96th percentile. We think he is going to be a pretty tall boy. I love chubby babies too, so I hope he keeps putting on the weight. So what's new at two months? Well, Brody continues to smile and coo more and more each day. He likes to be on his belly, but he really wishes he could sleep on his tummy all the time. I try to not let him, but sometimes during his naps I let him. As you can see, he likes to pull his legs underneath him and push that little tush up in the air. This is just like his mom when she was a kid.
Brody has been a pretty strong kid from the get-go, but he just gets stronger everyday. He not only picks up his little head, but he picks up most of his chest too. He doesn't want to miss anything going on. He also stands up when you are trying to hold him. His strength really shows when he's mad. Brody will lift his lower body off the ground, and if he could figure out how to work the arms at the same time he would be mobile.
Brody has been a pretty good sleeper, but we just started to try the Babywise method, and it is amazing! Anyone that has a kid should read that book. We started late in the ball game, but there were immediate results.
Overall, I am sure that my baby is doing everything that any 2 and 1/2 month old baby does, but EVERYTHING he does is amazing to us!

7 comments:

Mary Anne said...

oh man he's so big! i love that little bum stuck up in the air...oh I just love that. I keep hearing about Babywise, but I have yet to read it myself. It seems like Sadie is doing okay so far...but maybe things could be even better? I mean you said that Brody was good, but you've already seen improvements? What did you do differently? All I know is that I really don't feel like reading ANOTHER book on top of school stuff. I have a hard enough time reading things that I need to. But maybe in a couple months I'll read it and give it a try. Everyone says it's amazing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about Babywise. I have heard it works well and just havent gotten it yet. I think I am going to try it for sure. Ill let you know how it goes! Brody is so cute!! They grow so fast and its so fun to see them do new things.

Maui Mamma said...

Hey what is that Babywise thing? I have never seen it. My kids are not night sleepers and so I am exausted for a year. Let me know where to get it or something...
Ginee

Krystin said...

Your little man is so adorable!...and getting so big! you look great for it only being 2 months!

Monica said...

I do not know where you live! I thought I did and Ryan thought he did, but last night when we went looking for you guys we realized NOPE, we don't! I was trying to drop off Brody's flyer for the Halloween Parade on Friday. I left your flyer at Nikki's house. Hope to see you and Brody on Friday.

Nicole said...

Two months already?! Time flies when you're having fun:)

Nikki Owens said...

oh my goodness...he is getting big and so darn cute. hows everything else going? i will be up there this weekend and bringing up a boy too. so i hope this weekend goes ok and he doesnt get freaked out...ha ha!