Monday, October 13, 2008

Brody's Blessing

Sunday was a big day for several reasons. First of all Trevor and I got our first NIECE! Yay! Trevor's oldest brother, Dustin, and his wife, Amy have two boys (Grant and Preston) and finally had a little 7 pound 2 ounce girl named Samantha. It was also my mom's birthday yesterday. She said having Brody blessed on her birthday was the best present ever, and that was our other big event of the day.

We had so many things going on so it seemed like scheduling Brody's blessing was anything but easy. My step dad was out of town for three weeks so we wanted to wait for him, and then we didn't want to bless him before conference because it was too soon and if we waited until the next fast sunday it would be November and Brody would be so big that he wouldn't fit into his blessing outfit and he'd almost be big enough to walk himself up there! Okay, not really, but seriously this kid is just getting so big. Unfortunately because of doing it this last Sunday it conflicted with Dustin and his family being able to be there, but there was just no way we would have ever been able to get EVERYONE there.
The morning started off with us not being sure that we would have very many people there. We still weren't sure my step dad would be there. My Uncle Von was out of town. My one Grandpa had been in the hospital and was home, but still not doing so well. And of course Trevor's oldest brother wasn't going to be there. We were wrong. Everyone (minus Dustin) made it, and then some. Including Trevor we ended up with 13 people in the circle! My two cousins, Preston and Sterling even stood in. I hadn't originally asked them, but it was kinda neat to have them. Especially Preston because I have felt like we are pretty close since college.

My stomach did flip-flops all morning in anticipation of the day. I was so nervous for Trevor, and so glad that it was him and not me that had to give the blessing. Trevor didn't get nervous until right before the blessing. Even then he just had some shaky hands, but you never would have known it.
The blessing was awesome. I was fine until I looked up and saw all the support we had there for us and then the water works started. Once Trevor began I really started to cry and I had to make myself stop so that I could pay attention. My mom leaned over and put her arm on me as she began to cry as well. Brody's blessing was beautiful, and when it finished I looked at Trevor's mom and she had teared up as well.
Brody did really well. We worried that he would scream bloody murder or that he would have an explosion in his diaper that would ruin his outfit, but nothing happened. He had even fallen asleep and woken up right before the blessing, but he stayed awake and didn't make a peep. He was so good.
We feel so blessed to have all the support and love that we had shown to us yesterday. Thanks to my mom so willing to share her birthday with her grandson. Thanks to all the family that traveled like Trevor's brother, Mike, and my dad and Grandpa Garner. And most of all thank you to my husband who is worthy to hold the priesthood and was able to give such a wonderful blessing to our little boy.

9 comments:

Shepherds said...

So cute! So wonderful! And you look amazing!! :)

Mary Anne said...

look at your cute little family...Brody has the cutest smile in that last picture! right on cue...what a cutie. I'm glad the blessing went well. It seems like blessings lately always make me cry, no matter who it is. I'm sure it was beautiful. I can't wait to bless Sadie, but it seems like we're waiting forever so more family can make it. Oh well...

Mary Anne said...

okay i just went back and read the comment I left, and I'm embarrassed at the amount of times I used some variation of the word "cute" in the first couple sentences. wow...get a bigger vocabulary mary anne!

Matt and Liz said...

you have a cute little family and you look great!

Erin said...

He's turning into a chunk Taytum!! Sounds like a great day. I'm glad so many people were able to be there!

K. Bitton said...

What a special day! Congrats! You look so amazing! I can't wait to have this baby!=) Brody is such a handsome boy. I can't believe he is getting to big. Glad to hear everything went so well for you guys!

Clint and Tiffany said...

I'm so glad everything went so great for you guys! I'm so sorry we couldn't be there, it was fair weekend here (and Clint had to work the Co-Op booth), Brian and Marie were in town, AND it was Michele's baby shower. I meant to call you all week to let you know we wished we could make it, but I never know when it's a good time to call. When I first had Maddie you were so good about letting me find a moment between diapers and naps to call you and I want to give you the same courtesy. I'd love to talk with you though so if you find some spare time, please give me a ring! Love you girly and I'm glad I can at least check your blog to see how you're doing.

Zanny Poo said...

Congratulations, Waite family. What a wonderful time!

Jaime said...

What a special day for you guys! I was out of town and am sorry I missed it. You guys are such a cute little family and you look great!