Friday, April 20, 2007

I've failed as a good housekeeper!

No joke....I used to pride myself on having a very clean home. All my pride has been dashed by the arrival of not one but TWO mice in my house! This is not as funny as some people (including Trevor) might think!

We have heard the distinct sound of a mouse underneath our sink where the trash can was. Then we found mouse poo to confirm our suspicions. I hate bugs, snakes, and mice so this was no laughing matter to me. I didn't want to ever go in the kitchen at night when it seemed brave enough to come out. Trevor just kept telling me I couldn't let a mouse bother me because they are more scared of me, then I am of them.......that's up for debate if you ask me......

The plot only thickens from there. One night I turn on the light and go in the kitchen and the mouse is on the counter next to the oven and scurries down behind it. I let out a huge scream and yell to Trevor in the next room that I saw the beast (aka tiny mouse). He just dies laughing. Of course it would be funny to him....he didn't have to see it come out and greet him! He just tells me he'll go buy some traps and catch it.

The next day Trevor sets up several traps, and informs me that it will be caught within a day. Luckily, we didn't have to wait so long. The mouse was caught within a few hours. I didn't want to see it though, so I went in the bedroom and shut the door, so Trevor could dispose of the dang thing.

So, with a little skip in my step I went in the kitchen later on that evening, knowing full well our mouse is gone. I turn on a light, and low and behold another mouse has come out to say hello to ME! I scream louder this time, and yell, "There's another mouse!!!!" Trevor is rolling on the floor at this point. Why can't he find the mouse? He's not the one afraid! He sets up the traps, but this mouse was way smarter. We had to go buy more, but I am proud to say that sucker died! YAY!

I know this sounds funny and all, but I really feel like a dirty person now. When it comes down to it, I know that people just get mice, and it is especially bound to happen when you practically live in the middle of a field like we do. But why would a mouse want to come in my house? I never leave dishes in the sink. The dishes are done nearly every night, if not put in the dishwasher. The floor is swept and mopped weekly......Why me?

9 comments:

K. Bitton said...

Hey tay! I am sorry that happened to you! If you got an outside cat it would help take care of that. You are not a dirty person! I promise. Have a good day!

Erin said...

Oh, too funny. I had mice in my house in high school once and I totally understand how gross and scary it is!! I'm sure it has nothing to do with your housekeeping skills.

Heidi Joncas said...

Dang mice. I guess that is St. Johns for you. I know you aren't a bad house keeper. One time in Thatcher our little kitty was acting all funny for like three days. One evening I was sitting on the couch and he ran through the house and came back a few minuet later with a mouse. I freaked out. We just got traps and never had a mouse again.

Julie said...

It doesn't mean you are dirty.. it means they're cold and looking for a place to hide! You're silly! There must be a lot this year, quite a few people have told me they've been seeing them.

Erin said...

Your comment on Kamaree's page totally cracked me up!! (You know... the puss filled sist). I miss you a lot!

Nicole said...

Ha ha! I remember having mice when we were younger. It terrified me! Living out that way, you get a lot more! Good luck ridding your house of the rodents:).

Anonymous said...

Hey Waites,

This is Kameron Lee. Just checking out these blogs. I got this from Kamarie. We are trying to get a blog too. WE had a baby.

Heidi Joncas said...

Hey girly~
Jeremiah and I were just talking about that. I love your pictures and we have got to get together and take some. We would like to get some done in out natural habitat aka Pinetop. We need to get together. Seriously, we don't live that far apart and I still haven't seen you house. What a bad friend am I!!! You have such a good eye for photos. Your school is almost out right? Call me the next time you go to walmart and I'll shop with you. Love ya!
Heidi

Amy J said...

We were planning to and then we found out I was pregnant, now we can't move yet because of insurance purposes! Some day... we were really looking forward to the move! Oh hey, we went to the Rose Bush in Tombstone, the smell was AMAZING!