Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Our Little Leaguer

Take me out to the ball gameTake me out to the park
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks
I don't care if we ever get back
For its root root root for the home team
If they don't win it's a shame 
For its One, Two, Three strikes you're out
At the old ball game!!!

Brody was signed up and played on his very first 'organized sports' team. He was hesitant about starting tball and even cried a bit when we talked about it. Brody doesn't like things that are unknown to him. He gets super nervous. We knew we were going to have to do some work on our end to make tball not scary. 50 bucks later....we had a t, ball, bat, and glove. Twenty minutes of Trevor, Brody, and Ryder playing outside Brody was excited and ready to play on a team with other kids!

This mommy has yet to cut the apron strings and was kinda sad to just drop Brody boy off at his very first practice! It was the first time he had ever been dropped off somewhere without either parent or grandparent there with him (pathetic, I know). 


It was a ten game season and although scores weren't kept it was a great learning experience. It was also a realization on my part that it is just the beginning of my 'soccer mom' lifestyle. With a house of  boys I know we are going to be on the go from now on. Games, practices, sports gear, registration fees, and treat schedules! It is going to get crazy at times, I'm sure, but it's the life I will relish in!





No comments: