Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Waite "Punkin" Patch

I love Halloween.  I love fall!  The leaves, the colors, the smells...aagghh.  If only it would last longer.  It seems like summer holds on for as long as possible (which, by the way I am NOT complaining about), and just when it really and truly feels like fall, its stupid cold winter.  Bleh.

Every year I look forward to carving pumpkins and dressing up our little munchkins.  What I don't enjoy is paying for costumes.  Anything that is super cute and not cheap looking is, well, not cheap!  I could make the kids' costumes except that I'm totally deficiant in the sewing department.

When I pulled out our fall decor I found a pumpkin costume that someone had given us in a bag of hand-me-down clothes years ago.  Brody was so excited!  He said that he wanted to wear that for Halloween.  Unfortunately for him, it was Ry-ry's size, not his. 

Then I remembered.....my mom probably had an old pumpkin costume that I wore as a little kid floating around somewhere.  She went on the search and found it!

Score! 

The only thing was, my little pumpkins sure looked skinny.  They needed some plumping up.  I knew no amount of dinners were going to do the trick so I invested in a little stuffing.  I bought 2 bags for under 10 bucks.

Cheap and cute costumes?  Doesn't get any better than that, my friends.  They are the cutest pumpkins I ever saw!

1 comment: