Thursday, July 26, 2012

Frenemies

Its pretty safe to say that Brody and Ryder have a typical brotherly love/hate relationship.  I never know from one moment to the next if they are going to play nicely with one another, or if they are going to be fighting.  Some mornings Brody will climb into Ryder's crib and entertain him until I get up.

Other days, I feel like I'm more referee then mom.
I remember anxiously awaying the day when Ryder wasn't a newborn laying in his bouncer chair.  I looked forward to the interaction between the boys.
I have to say, even with the fighting and screaming, I enjoy their friendship.  Brody is the typical oldest child, constantly bossing and "parenting" his little brother.  I can't even count how many times I've heard him say to Ryder things like, "we don't hit, ryder...."  or "mommy said no, Ryder."

Ryder takes most of this in stride and looks at Brody like, who made you the boss?  But, don't let that fool you.  He also is pretty good at holding his own.  He likes to SCREAM in protest.  ( its enough to grate on anyone's nerves, believe me)
The moments where Brody and Ryder play and get along far outweigh all the moments where they fight.  I look at them and think daily how glad I am that they have one another.  There is really and truly no better blessing we could give them, then each other.  I hope that we are lucky enough to someday give them more siblings.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Frenemies...love it. This all sounds strangely familiar! :) It is so fun to see siblings. Your two boys are absolutely the cutest things.