Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ryder's 1st Birthday!

If I was a better mom I wouldn't be a week and a half late posting about Ryder's birthday celebration! We had the fair, football games, work, shopping, and all the everday living stuff that has kept us busy, and me late on posting. It may not seem that long ago to you, but I swear my memory of Ry's big day has already faded some. Sad, but true.










Ryder woke up bright and early to a house decorated with banners, balloons, and hanging tissue paper flowers in a white, yellow, light green, and light blue color scheme. He made the appropriate oohs and aahs so the time spent up late the night before seemed totally worth the trouble.
I was out of stuff to make him special birthday chocolate chip pancakes, but being that he IS only ONE I didn't think he would care-or remember-so much. His daddy however couldn't believe I wasn't making them (maybe because he wanted some? I'm not sure....) so he ran to the store and got the stuff for me to make them. Of course they were a big hit and a huge mess, but oh well, nothing is too good for the birthday boy.


The cake and decorating had been done the day before, so the morning and afternoon of Ryder's birthday were spent doing a few last minute things for that evenings pizza party along with some lunch and quality time at the fair.


Pizza and breadsticks were picked up and brought home from Little Caesar's in Show Low that I just warmed in our oven for the party. The pizza was probably one of Ryder's favorite parts of the day. He LOVES it! Not only was Ry surrounded by his parents and brother there was also most of his grandparents and a few aunts and uncles. So much love in one room for that one sweet boy!


After the yummy dinner we thought we'd wait until we weren't so full for cake, and open presents. As usual, way too much! Spoiled? Um, yes. Because Ryder still chooses not to walk we bought him a toy that is meant for him to walk behind in the hopes that it would inspire him to do it on his own eventually. Everything else he received was from everyone else. There were lots of noisy toys (boo) and toys that will help him learn a thing or two.


Ry was pretty interested in opening gifts, but Brody was even more so. He "helped" Ry open everything and lucky for Ryder, Brody also "helps" him play with them too. In fact, everytime Brody plays with one of the new toys Ryder lets out the most loud ear-piercing scream with his legs stretched out in front of him stiff as a board. The noise is beyond description really. It makes you ALMOST wish that there was something similar to a bark collar that he could wear....(hehehe)



After presents we stripped Ry down to just a diaper knowing the mess that would ensue as he ate his caterpillar cake. He liked the cake OKAY. I don't know if he was just tired from the long day, but he didn't really seem to want the cake all that much. He even cried in his highchair for a while. I think he enjoyed his pizza more than his cake!

After getting hosed down in the kitchen sink, putting on jammies, and having a bottle it was off to bed for our sweet little ONE YEAR OLD! It was a fun day. A long day. Ry won't remember it so I don't know why we go to all the trouble, but we wouldn't have it any other way!



2 boys. One is 3. One is 1. Its a pretty fun time!

4 comments:

Clint and Tiffany said...

How fun!! I love decorating for the girls' birthdays! Just makes it so special for them, I think. His cake was SO CUTE! You are SO GOOD at that!!! I can't WAIT to have a little boy so I can do all the fun, cutesy boy stuff, ya know? And someday you'll have a girl to do all the frilly, froofy girl stuff! Ha ha LOL

Bailey said...

Birthdays are SOOO fun! Happy Birthday to little Ryder!

Mary Anne said...

Ha ha ha I can TOTALLY imagine the screaming with legs stretched out and stiff body when Brody plays with one of his toys. Not because my children would do ANYTHING like that...just a good description. :)Uh, yeah right. You did a great job at making it a special day! You're right, he won't remember, but he'll see later in life how much you cared and appreciate all you did/do for him that much more.

Lisa said...

I still can't believe how much those boys look like twins. I love it. So darn cute!!!! Hope you're doing well.