Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Other Half

I just can't explain in enough words my love and gratitude for my husband. I have always appreciated him and loved him, but these past few weeks have really put things into perspective for me. I honestly don't know how I would have made it through.

Trevor has always ALWAYS been one to help me out. Even though I am a stay-at-home mom he pitches in without me asking. He knows when I'm feeling a little frazzled and I need some extra help. He will clean the house, make the occasional dinner, and he has never failed to help out when it came to Brody and now Ryder too.I have always been grateful to Trevor for being our family's "bread winner" but he goes about and beyond the call of duty at times. Never in my life have I been so completely incapacitated as I was the week after I had Ryder. Trevor just totally took the reigns. He changed a countless amount of diapers, he fed Brody (which can be quite an ordeal), I started laundry 2 times but couldn't finish so he folded clothes and hung them up to dry, he cleaned our bathrooms, did dishes, took out trash...I mean the list goes on and on. On the weekends when he's home from work I feel like we have a tag-team effort going on. We both put in the work, but Trevor was doing everything. He told me at the end of the week, "Don't take this the wrong way, but I have a whole new appreciation for what you do at home during the week...I mean, I always have, but now I REALLY do."

I am also so thankful that Trevor has continuously honored his priesthood during our marriage. That may not be a big deal for most, but it really is to me. I can probably count on one hand how many times I have received a blessing (not including the standard ones like your baby blessing that most lds people have had) on one hand. This past week Trevor was able to give both me and Brody a blessing. What a comfort it is to me to know that we can ask for a blessing at any given time and it will be done.
Trevor is my rock. He reassures me when I freak out about things I have no control over. He is my best friend. He is my confidant. He is my comic relief. When I worry about something being wrong with one of the kids he is probably the only person that will worry as much as I do. He is honest, loyal, trustworthy, hard-working, loving, fun, sarcastic, and more. Trevor is the best dad to our kids and the best husband I could ask for. I love you, Trev!

4 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Lucky you! Lucky him for having you as a wife!

Allison said...

I didn't comment before...but I'm commenting now. CONGRATS on the new addition! HE IS ADORABLE! Looks like you and Trevor are raising two wonderful boys!

Whitney said...

CUTE!!! I love it.. and you.. here is our new blog!

Kachelle said...

i'm glad you have him. sorry your labor was so bad! OMG i feel so bad for you!!!!!!!!! glad you're doing better.