Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bathroom Vocab

I always always swore that I would not have more than 1 kid in diapers at a time. It looks like I was wrong. Brody will barely be 2 when his baby brother, Ryder arrives and I just don't know if it will happen. I bought a book called Pottywise (same writers as the best book ever, babywise) and now we have a baby potty, but that is the extent of my trying to potty training. However, there have been a few promising moments lately....or at least thats what I tell myself....

Scene 1:

Since there is no privacy in our house because Brody knows how to open doors, he followed closely behind Trevor as he went into the bathroom. Pretty soon Brody comes back out and stands right in front of me. He cocks his head slightly, points to the door behind him, and tells me with his knowing little eyes as if he's my personal informant, "Da-ee (daddy), Da-ee....pee. Da-ee pee." Well, yes actually that is what daddy was doing.

Scene 2:

I get up to leave the room and Brody starts to follow and I tell him, "Brody, Mommy will be right back. I have to go potty." Brody looks up at me and says very seriously, "Poo." Hmmm...not exactly, "No, mommy go potty." And he then starts to say, "Mommy poo, Mommy poo."

Scene 3:

Brody gets out his teddy bear and lays him down on the coffee table. He points to the bear's bottom and looks at us and says, "Poo. Poo. Ew. yuck." Then he gets a piece of material and begins to wipe the bear's behind.

I don't love the fact that my kid is saying poo and pee, but as a consulation I tell myself that maybe its a good thing after all. Maybe the more he knows and is interested the easier it'll be to actually potty train. Thats what I keep telling myself......

3 comments:

Bailey said...

i didn't want two in diapers either, brody showed interest and when rigden was one month, brody was potty trained! it is possible!

123123 said...

Good luck with the potty training... it scares me to death, I have no idea how to even get started!
But I gotta say, Brody is freakin adorable! I think it's good that he knows poo and pee, I would say that's Step #1?! :) Good luck!

Zanny Poo said...

Let me know how when you get it figured out.